Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt_LSF
You're confusing the story arc from Enterprise with the TOS episode with the Ekosians.
Ahh, my bad.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-14-2010, 08:53 AM
He didn't do only bad things?

Yet another object lesson in 'first impressions are more often right than we'd like to believe.'
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypuppet
Playing a 'good nazi' would be a contradiction. There is no such thing. They did have some amazing uniforms though.
Not realy. yes they choose an evil path, but that was a choise. Their politics before the war was far from evil. Sure, they didnt care much for the jews. But seriosly at that time, non did. Even Walt Disney hated Jews. Did jews have it better in the USA before the war? No. In Germany jews were not allowed to join the Hitler Jugen, they were not allowed to enter alot of resturants and bars. The same can be said about the USA at that time. And still USA has its dark spots ((Check out the Boy Scouts for you who do not believe me. You have to be christian to join.)) Again, im not saying that it was Allrigt to dislike jews. just saying that Germany wasnt the only one who did. They just took it a few steps further than the rest of the world.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahinder

Yet another object lesson in 'first impressions are more often right than we'd like to believe.'
And thats suppose to mean?
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahinder

At least once Hitler showed a hint of humanity, but any of that is completed voided by everything he did and ordered done in his name and the Third Reich.

Linkage

One small event in both world and Texas history and the only time I have seen where Hitler showed a glimpse of humanity. Seriously, the guy sent his own cousin to the gas chamber because she was developmentally disabled, along with over 200,000 others who were "retarded" (the term used at the time) or mentally ill. that was before he started killing Gypsies and Jews.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt_LSF
At least once Hitler showed a hint of humanity, but any of that is completed voided by everything he did and ordered done in his name and the Third Reich.

Linkage

One small event in both world and Texas history and the only time I have seen where Hitler showed a glimpse of humanity. Seriously, the guy sent his own cousin to the gas chamber because she was developmentally disabled, along with over 200,000 others who were "retarded" (the term used at the time) or mentally ill. that was before he started killing Gypsies and Jews.
Yes, the man was Pants on the head crazy. He was mad and bloodthirsty. But i repeat. Fact is that Before he did that he raised germany from ashes, a poor land with a humunguesly large debt to the rest of europe thanks to WW1, to a strong and rich country. Then he went wacko. Ok he probably was wacko before that too, but then he realy snapped. and however evil he was, how many milions he kiled, you cant take away the fact that BEFORE that happend, he did help Germany up on its feets, wich the rest of the world thought impossible. After WW1, germany was pretty much back to the stoneage. ok perhaps not that bad, but still realy bad.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Well like I said, if you want to roleplay a Nazi go ahead, but don't be surprised at the outcome should you get banned, and don't come back here whining and ranting.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-14-2010, 09:22 AM
and like i said, i posted this thread to see if people would object. they did, just at i thought they did. So i wont, since i dont want to make people mad.
However i, for one, do not regret posting this thread. I had a great time talking trough the subject with you guys, even if it got alittle off-toptic. still Thank you all. It was fun and interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Hey Kami I agree it's been an extremely civil discussion. Considering the topic, that's a huge surprise.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-14-2010, 09:23 AM
lemme guess, you thought i was a troll, didnt you? XD
Closed Thread