Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 36
Anyone else feel Like this new Autoselect algorithim as actually designed to give a higher chance of Killing your better Doffs.

Befoe this I would NEVER but purple doffs on a mission if there was A high Casualty risk and a chance of disaster. Now I have to pay alot of attention to make sure this doesnt happen as the autoselect will always do this!!!

Also it certainly doesnt work out the best crit chance for all missions Either. For most assignments I have been able to improve the crit chance by swapping the Doffs.

So

It doesnt give best Crit Chance
It doesnt give best Success Chance
It DOES make it more lightly you will Loose high quality Doffs if your not on the ball!!


Thoughts and opinions?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,359
# 2
07-18-2014, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike74656 View Post
Anyone else feel Like this new Autoselect algorithim as actually designed to give a higher chance of Killing your better Doffs.

Befoe this I would NEVER but purple doffs on a mission if there was A high Casualty risk and a chance of disaster. Now I have to pay alot of attention to make sure this doesnt happen as the autoselect will always do this!!!

Also it certainly doesnt work out the best crit chance for all missions Either. For most assignments I have been able to improve the crit chance by swapping the Doffs.

So

It doesnt give best Crit Chance
It doesnt give best Success Chance
It DOES make it more lightly you will Loose high quality Doffs if your not on the ball!!


Thoughts and opinions?
It may not be perfect, but it does give MUCH better crit chances than it used to

Also it simply slots what it thinks are the best DOFFs for the task, ignoring casualty rate because it is just meant to optimize crit chances
Admin of VPvP Channel Fair, Fun, Vanilla PvP

Specialist
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,057
# 3
07-18-2014, 07:49 AM
You can't kill purples with disaster results. Only whites will actually die. Green and up go to sick bay.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 36
# 4
07-18-2014, 07:51 AM
Dont know about most people but I would rather a slightly lower crit chance and NO CHANCE of loosing my purple doffs.

They could do with a couple of options.

1: Recomendations for best success chance

2: Recomendation for best balance of Success then Crit

3: Recomendation for best Crit

Also notice now how most of the interface is BIG but the casualty risk is just some small text at the top right? Make that bigger so we don't miss it!!!

And of course add back in some of the features of the old doff system.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 36
# 5
07-18-2014, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
You can't kill purples with disaster results. Only whites will actually die. Green and up go to sick bay.
Are you sure??? I've never actually risked a purple myself but have been told by others that they have had purples killed on mission.

If this can be confirmed then fair point and I take back what I said.
Specialist
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,057
# 6
07-18-2014, 08:01 AM
It has been documented by Cryptic in the past.

You CAN, however, grind/trade/kill them if the mission explicitly says "this will result in the loss of your officer" such as KDF "execute mutineer" or officer exchanges. I got royally BONED by the system changing already-locked missions with lesser boffs that were going to be exchanged/traded for various reasons and it took several purples/blues from me that I NEVER selected and gave me jack squat in return. I'm VERY upset.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 67
# 7
07-18-2014, 08:11 AM
They really need to fix the "known issue" that prevents us from filtering DOFFS. I am really scratching my head why this wasn't implemented for launch. It seems like a must have feature.

Aside from that I have no issues with the new system. Well I would like to see the descriptive text without going into the mission but that is a seriously minor gripe.
Joined: June 12, 1972

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10
# 8
07-18-2014, 08:20 AM
yea the exchange missions kinda suck atm.through the combination of the preset of kill you best officer and the problem of finding another suitable officer

Also a lot of normal missions because they are setup up after crits end up with horrible combination like sending armory officers on research mission although a corresponding blue sci officer would guaranty a success bu tslightly higher crit with the armory officer so he must be better...

My favourite must be when the system wanted me to send 5 lauras on a support as kdf that was kinda annoying. 30% crit and 70% success instead of with my normal setup 33% crit chance and 67% success. sure only 3% but still it just feels dumb.
Could the system perhaps be setup so that it takes into account the best chance to succeed and after 100% succed goes for the best crit chance.


I get it that the system is set up for crit and that the search box is sorted after best to worst to succed at a mission but it is just a really clunky design if you have 400+ officers...

Last edited by elishathorne; 07-18-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 902
What I mean by this is some doff missions (Reqruitment and Operations) require you to trade one of your doffs for a item. With the new UI it automatically puts what doff it seems fit into the mission slot. If you don't watch you will end up tradeing out something good for maybe Junk.

The new doff system needs a better set of options. It needs the options added that lets a player select their doffs by traits and rariety, just like the old one. As it is now its just one huge Cluster #?%$!!!.

Cryptic if you read this. Please add all the old options to the new system. Also add a scalable UI that way we can have more than 4 doff missions on the screen at a time. It needs work. I just hope you guys make it a #1 priority.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,682
# 10
07-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike74656 View Post
Are you sure??? I've never actually risked a purple myself but have been told by others that they have had purples killed on mission.

If this can be confirmed then fair point and I take back what I said.
If you put them into a mission that will "Turn in changeling" or something like that, yes... That Officer will be removed... but thats somewhere around 1% of the missions... probably less.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:40 AM.