Lt. Commander
# 31
02-14-2010, 10:35 PM
I find quite a few posts in this thread laughable. 'hey, let's have one entire side able to go invisible, and have no way for the other side to effectively go out and attack them', 'well how will they deal with that?', 'probably group up and wait for the invisible side to attack, since no other strategy makes sense'.

Really, the only thing dumber than Cryptic thinking that was a bright idea is all the klinks whining about the feds doing the obvious thing and making a fedball. Makes about as much sense as me whining when a klink uses cloak.

Hey, here's an idea, stop using cloak, you'll never see another fedball. Real simple.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-14-2010, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Hey, here's an idea, stop using cloak, you'll never see another fedball. Real simple.
technically you will only never see the more extreme fedballs with mines and extra targets and whatnot. fedballing is still in it's basic principle grouping up, and the klinks calling foul will continue to call foul every time a group of feds.... group together (I know right?)
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-14-2010, 10:40 PM
I think alot worse than FEdball is klingon swarm...1-2 carriers surrounded by a swarm of everything, and in that swarm, the klingonball is.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
I think alot worse than FEdball is klingon swarm...1-2 carriers surrounded by a swarm of everything, and in that swarm, the klingonball is.
don't take this the wrong way, but you can delete alot of those damn pets by killing off one of the carriers. 5 people coordinating a burst with shield subsystem damage can really pump out a kill fast.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
don't take this the wrong way, but you can delete alot of those damn pets by killing off one of the carriers. 5 people coordinating a burst with shield subsystem damage can really pump out a kill fast.
I know, i meant visualy it loooks horrible. And those fighters can spam alot of torps, i must have been hit with 20 photons at once in one fight :p
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-14-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't view calling something fedball as whining, k people might do it sometimes in game but it's a term that fits to me, it sounds better too than klingball(**** you guys and your klink, is there a 2nd k in klingon mother****ers? NO) .
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I find quite a few posts in this thread laughable. 'hey, let's have one entire side able to go invisible, and have no way for the other side to effectively go out and attack them', 'well how will they deal with that?', 'probably group up and wait for the invisible side to attack, since no other strategy makes sense'.

Really, the only thing dumber than Cryptic thinking that was a bright idea is all the klinks whining about the feds doing the obvious thing and making a fedball. Makes about as much sense as me whining when a klink uses cloak.

That's your mistake though.

There are counters to cloak. It takes more than complaining about it to find them, though.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-15-2010, 01:02 AM
There are counters to the fedball too. It's the same bloody thing.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Countering the Federation group doesn't take anything more than coordination, while "countering" Cloak requires a Science Captain using up his Sensor Scan, along with a bit of luck. Don't get me wrong, I've broken a LOT of Klingons out of cloak over the time that I've been playing, and it's sometimes pretty handy if they're not actually prepared for it and panic. However, it'd be nice to be able to save that Sensor Scan for the 65% damage resistance debuff, like the Klingons can do.

I don't think Cloak necessarily needs nerfing (except in the few cases where someone is being stupid and refuses to actually engage - which can be remedied with a match timer that only kicks in when there's no combat). I just think it's silly to see, "Oh noes Fedball is why we lost QQQQQQQQQ" when the 40-watts don't even understand that all "Fedball" means is a group of players that aren't running off solo to be killed 5v1 every time they spawn.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-15-2010, 01:52 AM
I refer to a fedball as a clump of Feds working together. The result is a trickle feed of stupid Klingons that one by one rush in to save the day only to be gobbled up by the "mythical fedball"

both sides can do it, fedball just sounds better.