Lt. Commander
only thing that would be cool is if the player was a bit smaller and you could leave it out, and when you do its clear like the other static tabs

i would also love to be able to use maybe two comp screens or have a way to have all those static tabs open without them layering over one another

and one thing that would have been awesomely cool and helpful would have been a mic ability on those HUGE MASSIVE BATTLES that span half a sector- would have been spicly beautiful
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by " a bit smaller and you could leave it out". You can set up your playlist in say winamp, then start the music playing, then minimize the player if that's what your talking about.

As for the second part, you can press F12 and move your HUD menus wherever you like on your screen then press F12 again to see how they look. At present STO does not support dual monitors, in fact most games don't. There are very few that do (like you could count them on one hand few). Something gamemakers have neglected for years.

As for voice chat, you can use Teamspeak 3 or Ventrillo (our fleet uses Teamspeak) for voice communication while playing the game. While some of the newer games do have voice chat built in, it usually adds lag and/or costs extra in some cases. God knows one thing this game doesn't need is more lag. Games like WoW have a horrible voice chat built in that's not even worth using.
Lt. Commander
# 3 MP, Voice, Dual Screens
02-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Havenít used the in game music player, just something else to clutter the screen, prefer having it over on my second monitor. Speaking of which, Dual Screens would be nice, I have only seen it in WOW and then not supported by Blizzard.

It was really just stretching the WOW interface putting most of the interface elements on the half that was on the secondary screen then centering your Toon on the primary half. Found a how-to on YouTube.

I prefer Vent over an out of game Client/Server like Ventrillo that way I can talk to my Enemy Faction Friends as well as my Same Faction Teammates.

All valid Wish list Items.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 03:19 PM
I running the game on three monitors in widescreen mode - there some programming issues, relating to pov and certain interface, during character creation, other customization and combat ground screens, that need to be fit, but they are minors.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 08:43 AM
i have not been able to click on something outside of the game and get back to the game. the game crashes if i try to do something else like play with a website or itunes. then i have to log back in.

thought that was just the way it was *shrug* so when i think the player should be see through like th other tabs when tis not in use, its because i do not have the ability at this time to just go over to the player on my 2nd sceene outside of the game and do anything without the game crashing.

i will look into those voice chat things, thank you <3

i will alsp try the f12 and stretching the monitor. having my abilities overlap one another makes it hard to click and see them.