Lt. Commander
# 71
11-29-2008, 10:56 AM
The energy management is what I had envisioned it to be. So no complaints here.
Lt. Commander
# 72
11-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qoreQ View Post
However, what happens when those people that play 24/7 discover all the new systems? I want a sense that I'm making discoveries too! Great Q&A
Hey, you've got a point there. Every new thing in the galaxy could end up being discovered by uber-gamers while we're all "playing the game of life," if you will.
Lt. Commander
# 73
11-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Has cryptic given any indications that they may include the Q continuum in the game? It may be somewhat difficult but may be very interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 74
11-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezzle View Post
Hey, you've got a point there. Every new thing in the galaxy could end up being discovered by uber-gamers while we're all "playing the game of life," if you will.
I think the idea is that when a system is discovered or explored, you have to directly share that information with another player. Kinda breaking in the immersion factor (if someone has been here before, why didn't they register the data with starfleet) but I don't think it will come up all that often.

I really don't care what other players do, I am going to play my kind of game, and hang out with my friends. As for "playing the game of life" why would I want to do that? I already play that game everyday, and a lot of it is lame. I am going to have adventures in space!
Lt. Commander
# 75
11-29-2008, 07:19 PM
The queston I would like to ask is about ships. More spacificly about player ships. What happens when a player can get newer and bigger ships do you have to give up the smaller ship or can it go into a dry dock where you can captain it later or do you have to give it up and loss it for good?
Lt. Commander
# 76 NPC Ships
11-30-2008, 06:34 AM
One of the questions I had was regarding NPC ships. For example, Kirk and crew find the USS Exeter in orbit around a planet in TOS, they board the ship to discover the crew has died off somehow and the Exeter's captain is stuck on the planet. Also, a fan fave, the USS Constellation...no crew aboard, save for the commander. But the Enterprise ppl beam aboard her and attempt to salvage her, which ultimately saves the day.

In TNG, I can't remember the episode, Picard and company find the USS Brittain seemingly stuck in space, again the crew killed off, but they had to board the ship and attmept to restart her.

My question: Will we be running into situations where we get to board other NPC ships? And on that note, will it be possible to board/repair/salvage/commandeer other vessels (friend or foe)?

I'm mainly asking because I know we'll be seeing other player ships from the inside, but what about NPC's?
Lt. Commander
# 77
11-30-2008, 06:41 AM
how do we start playing??????
Lt. Commander
# 78
11-30-2008, 06:44 AM
can someone anyone help me get started??
Lt. Commander
# 79
11-30-2008, 07:01 AM
game hasn't come out yet but it will soon enough( ok it can never be soon enough)
Lt. Commander
# 80
11-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Great QA here and I loved the answers - Cryptic always seem to be giving the "right" answers for me every time I read.