Lt. Commander
# 1 Enterprise theme
02-15-2010, 01:37 PM
I am all about some Enterprise, but the theme music SUCKS! WHY?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balti View Post
I am all about some Enterprise, but the theme music SUCKS! WHY?
I think maybe they wanted to try something different? Or did they just replay the theme to Quantum Leap? I can't remember. :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 01:40 PM
I liked the song "Faith Of The Heart." But I agree the song was not a fitting theme for the show.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 01:49 PM
No YOU suck.

Wait, what is this thread about?

Oh, nevermind.

This thread is now about things that we don't like.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 01:56 PM
It's not my favorite of the theme songs, but I believe it does fit Enterprise.

"It's been a long road
Getting from there to here
It's been a long time
But my time is finally near
" - The road for humanity to get into space and start exploring certainly was a long one and with the Warp 5 project they are finally taking the first true steps into the unknown.

"And I can feel the change in the wind right now
Nothing's in my way
And they're not gonna hold me down no more
No they're not gonna hold me down"
- Change in the wind...change in our destiny. As far as Archer was concerned nothing was going to hold him back, not even the Vulcans that had been delaying things for years.

Skipping the chorus

"It's been a long night
Trying to find my way
Been through the darkness
Now I've finally had my day"
- It certainly has been a long night filled with darkness for humanity starting with the Eugenics wars in the 90's, through the riots in the early 21st century and finally World War III.

"And I will see my dream come alive at last
I will touch the sky
No they're not gonna change my mind"
- Archer is finally seeing his father's dream, and this his dream, come to pass with the launch of the NX-01. Touch the sky is pretty obvious in the context of the show. and lastly, once again, no one is going to keep humanity for reaching its destiny amongst the stars...not even the Vulcans.

I won't do the rest. Not the best choice of theme song for the show, but I think since they wanted a pop song they chose well. We could have had "Wherever You Will Go" by Camino Palmero. The first promo's for Enterprise came out with this song attached.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 01:57 PM
As " Star Trek " was originally dropped from Enterprise, it really was meant to be something different. Not thinking of it as Trek while watching as helped me enjoy it a great deal more
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Can you really blame them for not trying to stick to the way things used to be, after Gene passed away?

I think sometimes people fear growth and in maintaining the memory of someone, sacrifice their dreams to keep the status quo.

It is unfortunate it went the way it did in the end. I'm convinced Gene had a bigger picture in mind when he wanted to bring the story back to earth via "Earth: Final Conflict"
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Saber View Post
It's not my favorite of the theme songs, but I believe it does fit Enterprise.

"It's been a long road
Getting from there to here
It's been a long time
But my time is finally near
" - The road for humanity to get into space and start exploring certainly was a long one and with the Warp 5 project they are finally taking the first true steps into the unknown.

"And I can feel the change in the wind right now
Nothing's in my way
No they're not gonna hold me down"
- Change in the wind...change in our destiny. As far as Archer was concerned nothing was going to hold him back, not even the Vulcans that had been delaying things for years.

Skipping the chorus

"It's been a long night
Trying to find my way
Been through the darkness
Now I've finally had my day"
- It certainly has been a long night filled with darkness for humanity starting with the Eugenics wars in the 90's, through the riots in the early 21st century and finally World War III.

"And I will see my dream come alive at last
I will touch the sky
No they're not gonna change my mind"
- Archer is finally seeing his father's dream, and this his dream, come to pass with the launch of the NX-01. Touch the sky is pretty obvious in the context of the show. and lastly, once again, no one is going to keep humanity for reaching its destiny amongst the stars...not even the Vulcans.

I won't do the rest. Not the best choice of theme song for the show, but I think since they wanted a pop song they chose well. We could have had "Wherever You Will Go" by Camino Palmero. The first promo's for Enterprise came out with this song attached.
I love this song, it gets alot of play on my IPOD.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 04:39 PM
It's different. We went from instrumental intros with the occasional voice-over narration to a song with strong faith-based overtones.

I don't think Star Trek was athiest by any means, but I do believe religion was used quite sparingly (i.e. the episode of ToS when Uhura said "Oh no Captain, they don't worship the sun in the sky, they worship the son of God."). That alone gave this Star Trek series a different vibe, but I'm sure there were other factors that made "Enterprise" feel different.