Lt. Commander
# 1 preorder collectors edition
02-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Hello on saturday(13.02.10) i purchased the preorder version of the collectors edition, and it told me to go to www.startrekonline.com/preorder to enter the key i got, but when i go there i get a 404 error message, and then i registered a normal account but i never got to where i enter my home address to get the collectors edition box sent to me. What should i do?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 07:51 AM
pre-orders ended on the first, so the preorder url ended, however in your My account page you can add keys there. as for purchasing it, I'm unsure, but if its like every other place, they ask for the shipping info during checkout.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 09:47 AM
When i bought it they just did like ever, scanned the barcode, took of the protective cover, i payed, they gave me the receipt. i walked out...

and they had like 20 other preorder purchase things more at the store =/ and i have already added my key and im able i was able to paly at a friends house, but i dont have the collectors edition i payed for !!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 10:07 AM
so since the preorder version should have been taken off the shelves on the first, the store tricked me or something? O_o
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 10:34 AM
There really is no "preorder version" If you preordered, you got a key during the preorder period, and then when you got your physical copy you received the actual retail key. Cryptic said numerous times that preorder bonuses were tied to the retail key (because people wanted to know where their items were during head start), but to be honest I'm not sure if they are tied to the key itself or to your account (meaning if you have a retail and a preorder key, you get your preorder items).

If you bought a collectors and don't have your collectors items, contact Cryptic Customer Support with your proof of purchase and they should be able to help you. Somehow, some retailers mixed retail keys up and people registered versions and received items they didn't pay for (or didn't register versions or receive items that they did pay for).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Try going to http://www.startrekonline.com/activate and entering your key there. It ought to work.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 10:58 AM
the game i bought says
-------collector's edition------
STAR TREK

its a normal thin cover, when opened it at home there was no CD only two small pieces of paper,
CARD ONE:
cryptic studios is thrilled to offer you an exclusive oportunity to play the pre-release beta version of the game. join us online - we want your feedback.
HOW TO ACTIVATE YOUR STAR TREK ONLINE BETA PREVIEW ACCOUNT:
1. go to star trek online preview website at:
http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder and log in to your account.

2. If you have not already created a cryptic account you'll need to click
"Create an Account" on the star trek online web site.

3. once you are logged in you will be promted to enter your beta key.
please enter the key exactly as shown on this card.
YOUR BETA-PREVIEW KEY IS: ***********************

CARD TWO:
How to play directly?

due to shipping and manufacturing difficultie, the collectors edition of star trek online is not available the day of launch, in order to enable you to play before you recieve your final box, we extended your grace period - that time is wich you can play star trek online after its release without the use of a valid retail key. the new grace period ends on february 21, 2010 at 11:59 p.m.
PST. to make use of your grace period you must first redeem the star trek online pre-order key provided below on the official star trek online website as per explanation from the beta kard. you will then need the client. you can find below how to find it

How to retrieve the client
WALL OF TEXT!!!
Exclusive item

As a compensation to the late provision we will email you a code to retrieve an exclusive bonus item. we endeavour to provide you with the best service possible and hope you will be fully satisfied with your purchase. (the f**k i am)
How/When will you get your collector edition?
Upon creation your account, you will be requested to enter contact details so that we can send your collector's edition box.(this never happened...) Estimated shipping date from our warehouse: 12/02(Day before i bought the game) Please allow 2-3 working days for your package to reach you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuck
Hello on saturday(13.02.10) i purchased the preorder version of the collectors edition, and it told me to go to www.startrekonline.com/preorder to enter the key i got, but when i go there i get a 404 error message, and then i registered a normal account but i never got to where i enter my home address to get the collectors edition box sent to me. What should i do?
Enter the key at this address

http://www.startrekonline.com/enter_key
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
Enter the key at this address

http://www.startrekonline.com/enter_key

already done that, gives me this message This product key is already active, it cannot be used again. when i try to do again

and my account says
Activated Features

* Star Trek Online - Preorder

but nothing about getting the collectors edition sent to me =(
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2010, 12:02 PM
having same problem, has me a bit worried. good thing is i know the guy i bought the game from