Lt. Commander
# 21
02-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Interesting read, for one people don't seem to read at all as evident by the amount of people trying to tell you to go to an activation site. Two, this sounds really shady as other people I know have gotten their collector's edition at release plus the fact that the grace period ended for just about everyone last I heard almost a week back now.

Plus at the very least, the store clerk should've informed you that they were only giving you a pre-order cd key if you went to buy a collector's edition, though generally by the weight you should've known this wasn't the collector's edition in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-15-2010, 12:16 AM
If you bought the Collector's Edition.. it is a rather large package.

Quote:
Collectors Edition offers :

Deluxe Packaging: Futuristic 3dX holography set in a high quality brushed aluminum finish. Heavy duty construction with magnetic closures and nested compartments for all components.

Deluxe Manual: High end, hardbound, art book, manual, and disc case in a single, elegant package. “HD Printing” on over 40 glossy pages of exclusive art from the Star Trek Online Universe.

Communicator Badge: High quality cast metal design based on the in-game badge model. Fully 3d Sculpted with recessed burst and curved contours.

Guest Passes: Credit card style buddy passes to invite three of your friends for a ten day trial of Star Trek Online.

Red Matter Capacitor: A unique item that charges up and delivers extra energy to all of your ship’s equipment for a short time. A device that, when used, gives you a small bump in energy, has a long recharge.

Next Generation Uniform: Uniform Options from "The Next Generation" Series. The timeless look worn by Picard, Data and Riker.

Deep Space Nine Uniform: Uniform Options from the “Deep Space Nine” Series. Grey shoulders, on a black uniform, just like Sisko, Worf and Dax.

This comes in a box.. the retail key is on the back of the game manual / artbook.

If you didn't get that, You're being screwed. You should go back and get yor money back and order from a reputable online company.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Just gonna get in this

Anyways I preordered my collectors edition along with my steam deluxe edition.

Basically you will get the collectors edition, should look exactly like myn. Silver box with kinda a glassy middle with startrek online on it. Inside you should have gotton the badge, 3 10day trial cards, the "picture" book of STO objects ect. In that book is a cd, in there should be a key #

Now if you had put that key already when you formed your account with cryptic then your "collectors edition" has been activate. You will recieve what ever items came with that collectors edition, but you wont recieve any of the pre order specialty items that others like myself recieved.

Now looking at what you said... you said you put the cd key in and on your "menu" states this...

Startrek Online - Preorder Well no affence you didnt get the collectors edition if you put that key in and it gave you that, pretty simple. Also where did you buy it? What store ect...They if there not a well known gaming store like gamestop...hahah hate to say it might of played you and gave what you thought a collectors edition but really was just a normal version of STO. Which then I would run back and ask my money back ect. This is just my 0.02$ into the pot here. Hope you get your stuff settled. Cheers

ps...

on your menu it should have this though...

Startrek Online - Preorder
Startrek Online - Collectors edition ( or what ever version of STO you purchased)
Locutus
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typho View Post
I have the same problem.
Ordered the Collectors edition and only recieved the dvd case with the note and serial key.
Also from Norway.

I have contacted Cryptic, bill still havent recieved an answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuck
because i just used 499NOK(about 80 dollars) on the game, BUT I DIDNT GET THE F***ING GAME!
To the both of you.

Open the collectors edition box (assuming it isn't he gold edition that is the only one I have seen at GameStop here in Oslo), look under the combadge pin, take out the book and open up the last page where the DVD is and type in the keycode that is there.

If it's the Gold edifion then I can't help you, but it sounds like you should go back to the reatailer and complain to them for giving you the wrong keys.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-15-2010, 12:38 AM
I bought mine from a reputable company. One of the biggest electronic/entertainment chains here in Norway.
So this is legitimate
Its not the Gold edition.

It is a normail dvd case and on the back it displays the content thats the same as Pestalence_XC listed.

And inside its a note saying:

"Due to shipping and manufacturing difficulties, the Collectors edition of Star Trek Online is not available the day of launch. In order to enable you to play before you receive your final box, we extended your grace period - that time in which you can play star trek online after its release without the use of a valid retail key. The new grace period ends on February 21. 2010 at 11:59 p.m. pacific standard time. To make use of your grace period, you must first redeem the star trek online pre-order key provided below on the official star trek online website as per explantion from the beta card. You will then need the client. You can find below the details on how to find it.

How to retrieve the client
(explaines how to download the game)

Exclusive Item

As a compensation to the late provision, we will email you a code to retrieve an exclusive bonus item. We endeavour to provide you with the best service possible and hope you will be fully satisfied with your purchase.

How/When will you get your Collectors edition?

Upon creating your account, you will be requested to enter your contact details so that we can send your Collectors edition box. Estimated shipping date from our warehouse: 12/02. Please allow 2-3 working days for your package to reach you."
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-15-2010, 12:43 AM
sounds like you need to call Cryptic and ask.

what store did you buy it from? Elkjřp? Lefdal?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-15-2010, 12:51 AM
I have contacted Cryptic support, but havent recieved an answer yet.
Bought it from Elkjřp.
Have also contacted them.

Do you have the collectors edition?
Where did you buy it from?
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-15-2010, 12:57 AM
I ordered mine from Amazon.com because I didn't know that they would sell the collectors edition here in Europe except for the gold edition and I wanted the TNG series uniform that comes with the collectors.

I got the box on February 3rd (cost me around 760 NOK including shipping and VAT).

edit: try to call this number (UK) 0870 490 0617. it's their support line.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-15-2010, 01:11 AM
Yeah I was little suprised too that they were selling it here, but Lefdal was promoting that they had it exclusively and I know that also Amazon.de was selling it.

Thanks for your help and ill see if I try that number
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-15-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typho View Post
I have the same problem.
Ordered the Collectors edition and only recieved the dvd case with the note and serial key.
Also from Norway.

I have contacted Cryptic, bill still havent recieved an answer.
I talked to the store i bought it from (elkjřp) and they said they most likely had a wrong delivery...