Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Even Paypal offers debit cards. As far as it not saying on the back of the box that a "paid subscription" is requred, well it does say exactly that.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuZige View Post
That's what i tried to do <beep>. That's what is not working!

And it's my wife that bought me the CE! Don't make assumptions. They're the quickest road to distaster! Don't they teach that in US schools??
Yes, they do teach us that, they also teach us how to spell disaster But anyways, you have to do this for every MMO, it's completely standard and not a rip off, just input a credit card then immediately cancel your subscription if you're worried about it, you'll still get the first month of activation.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
I don't believe that any woman would willingly marry such a whiny douche, who can't even get a debit card from his bank.
Oh believe it. Whats the matter? Jelous you can't get a woman to even look at you?

Please refrain from answering if you haven't got anything usefull to say. I was actually looking for someone from cryptic to answer me and maybe give me some usefull tips.

Besides the fact that this is a lousy way to treat people who bought a Collecors Edition, it is lousy advertising. (yes this is not the only place i'm "whining" about this. Everywhere i can i will let everyone know what a bunch of frigging thieves those cryptic <beeps> are and there's a big discussion going on at several dutch gaming and rpg sites going on this exact issue.

Basically i am FORCED by Cryptic to spend even more money than there's been spent allready and the legallity of this in the Netherlands is in doubt. (i'll get back to you on that)

But as i'm a big startrek fan, i'll get that damned prepayed card and get online sometime next week. Another delay.

So that means i've been taken up the but by cryptic AGAIN.

Once when i got the closed beta key ONE DAY before the close of the closed beta
Once when i got the head start and was able to play exactly one whole hour
Once when the Collectors edition wasn't here when the release date came
Onece when i finally got the CE and couldn't redeem my key

Thats four ******ned times i've been screwed by cryptic. Which they never took over the license for the Startrek online franchise.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Oh believe it. Whats the matter? Jelous you can't get a woman to even look at you?

Please refrain from answering if you haven't got anything usefull to say. I was actually looking for someone from cryptic to answer me and maybe give me some usefull tips.

Besides the fact that this is a lousy way to treat people who bought a Collecors Edition, it is lousy advertising. (yes this is not the only place i'm "whining" about this. Everywhere i can i will let everyone know what a bunch of frigging thieves those cryptic <beeps> are and there's a big discussion going on at several dutch gaming and rpg sites going on this exact issue.

Basically i am FORCED by Cryptic to spend even more money than there's been spent allready and the legallity of this in the Netherlands is in doubt. (i'll get back to you on that)

But as i'm a big startrek fan, i'll get that damned prepayed card and get online sometime next week. Another delay.

Thats four ******ned times i've been screwed by cryptic. Which they never took over the license for the Startrek online franchise.
Actually, I am married. Believe it, because I AM smart enough to make PayPal work AND get a debit card from my bank. Also, my wife knows how to read a website, and investigate something that says "Subscription required," to make sure nothing like this surprises us.

How are you FORCED to spend more money? They told you upfront you needed a subscription. When you get that subscription in place - since you need to to play the game - you won't be charged anything until it's time to re-up. There's nothing illegal about it, Netherlands or otherwise.

If you bought your closed beta key from FilePlanet, that's FilePlanet screwing you, not Cryptic.

I don't know what you're talking about with headstart, as I played almost the whole weekend. I was Commander 3 before 2/2.

You not getting your game on time is the retailer's fault, then Namco/Bandai. Cryptic coded the game, that's all.

You screwed yourself by not having a debit card for your checking account, like everyone else on the whole God-damned planet.

My question is, if you were in the Closed Beta/Open Beta/Headstart, how the **** did you not know about this? It's been on the website for months, and on the forums for months, too. Again, I don't believe you to be married, considering you can't do simple tasks related to this game, nor are you able to comprehend information that is readily available.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:

You're not forced to do anything. There are requirements to play. It's nothing new. Not Cryptic's fault you can't even get a debit card.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
I've just gotten my Collectors edition (thanks for the delay!)
And now i'm redeeming my key... guess what:
It doesn't work. It keeps asking me for a payement method. I'll decide in 30 days if there is going to be a payment method. I've got 30 days FREE! I've allready payed. Whats up with this?

Come on Crypyic! Are you absolutely determined to chase me away or what?

I got a closed beta key i've been able to use 1 hour before the close of the closed beta. Got a headstart key i've been able to use one hour before the release. then, since the 8th i've not been able to play because the CE wasn't here yet.

Now this crud?

I feel robbed!
Since days of EQ1 you have to register using a payment method before you get your 30 days of play time. This is not something new. However, if this is your first MMO i can understand your confusion.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-14-2010, 08:53 AM
I think that the OP is better off asking for Cryptic to switch to a F2P model than griping about being forced to submit a payment method, as many of the non-F2P MMO's do.

Not to be unsympathetic but you are acting like a 2 year old having a meltdown because Mommy took away your pacifier, your post isn't a rant against a bad game, or against something to which can be handled by the devs here. You are ranting because you are being asked to submit a form of payment, which most of the working world has some form of credit or debit card, or has access to pre-paid Visa/MasterCard and can use as a method of payment and you don't want to because you want to continue to play for free until the very end and don't want the personal responsibility of remember to cancel before the end of the 30 day cycle.

I would buy a game card with some time on it if CC are unavailable, as I do believe that game cards can be used as a subscription payment method. Your time shouldn't be deducted until you decide if you want to use it after the 30 days has expired.

I feel sorry for you if this is the biggest buggaboo about the game for you at this point. I'm sure others who feel that the game lacks immersion, or diplomatic episodes or whatever other 'little' issues get under their skins would say that this is a minor irritation compared to those others.

Call/E-Mail Customer Support and don't stop till you reach someone and let them know about your 'situation' and see what you all can do to resolve it. It's not going to get solved here and since it is a matter of your ability to pay and not a game related issue, the devs are not going to reply to you here nor is anyone outside of CS going to talk to you here in the forums, so think about it and get on them about this in the proper way.

Good luck with this and I hope you find peace with this.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
I've just gotten my Collectors edition (thanks for the delay!)
And now i'm redeeming my key... guess what:
It doesn't work. It keeps asking me for a payement method. I'll decide in 30 days if there is going to be a payment method. I've got 30 days FREE! I've allready payed. Whats up with this?!
Please read the box or the product information wherever this was ordered. They all say "Subscription Required". It's not a secret.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-14-2010, 09:46 AM
This again? Were some people put into stasis before MMOs were introduced?
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
This is the way its done in ALL p2p mmos...
Eve Online anyone? :X