Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacXL View Post
Eve Online anyone? :X
Explain please. Every new player has to subscribe in order to play the game. if you are talking about farming in game resources to pay for the sub, you still need an active account for that.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuZige View Post
I've just gotten my Collectors edition (thanks for the delay!)
And now i'm redeeming my key... guess what:
It doesn't work. It keeps asking me for a payement method. I'll decide in 30 days if there is going to be a payment method. I've got 30 days FREE! I've allready payed. Whats up with this?

Come on Crypyic! Are you absolutely determined to chase me away or what?

I got a closed beta key i've been able to use 1 hour before the close of the closed beta. Got a headstart key i've been able to use one hour before the release. then, since the 8th i've not been able to play because the CE wasn't here yet.

Now this crud?

I feel robbed!
im sorry, but as with all mmos they require you to set up the typoe of subscription you would want...
if you use a credit card you wont be charged until the free month is up
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
It was a birthday gift. So basically you're right. I wasn't robbed but the person who bought it was.
And she ordered it, so there was no box on which the terms were listed.

And another thing.... I just opened one of those cursed paypall accounts giving everyone in the damned cia and fbi insight into my financial stuff, but what do you know... i STILL NEED A CREDIT CARD!

"U moet een creditcard toevoegen om de aankoop te voltooien. Dit komt waarschijnlijk omdat de verkoper geen eChecks accepteert. Voor sommige betalingen, zoals directe betalingen, is een creditcard vereist.."

Which basically translates to that the selling party doesn't accept echecks and that for some payments i am forced to get a credit card.

This is NOTHING LESS than THIEVERY! Not delivering a promised product after receiving payment for it. over 60 Euro's were payed for this product and it is useless. Cryptic..... i curse the!
Go get a pre-paid credit card for goodness sake and stop yer whining.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Great! What if i dont have a paypall account or a credit card and decided i wanted to use prepayed cards just because of that huh?

Again i feel robbed!
oh well buy a damned card and you will have 3 months to play it, if you dont like the game just dont enter another prepaid time card
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
So Cryptic is now deciding for me, after me paying a lot of money for the <beep> Collectors edition, how i manage my financial business? And by the way, a free debit card? I'm in the Netherlands. I dont think we've got those. And besides. there are different reasons i CANNOT get a debit card, and CANNOT get a paypal account. The only way for me to play this game is by prepayed card. I've had financial problems before in my life i'm still recovering from, which prevent me from getting a paypall or credit card. So basically i am screwed!

Cryptic should have made this clear before i bought the Collectors edition. Now i'm out loads of money and got nothing to show for it. It is a freaking disgrace!

Great! This is the first one i've ever played or considered playing. How the heck was i supposed to know!

I still feel robbed.
you could of done some research bvefore you took the plunge to buy a copy of the game
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Great! What if i dont have a paypall account or a credit card and decided i wanted to use prepayed cards just because of that huh?

Again i feel robbed!
Um.. go out and buy a Pre-Paid Card to activate your account? Once account is activated, cancel the card and then go out to dinner using the card and play STO off your included 30 days.

As for your experiences during Open Beta.. All I can say is that I feel sorry for ya.

Open Beta.. I played 2 weeks, purchased Pre-Order on Jan 8 got key 4 hours after making my Pre-Order (Gamestop), Pre-Order key allowed me access to the 4 day head start.. which I played between setver patches.

Launch day I got my Pre-Order Key at 5AM, entered it and was missing my Gamestop Exclusive TOS Starship item,.. and the TOS Mini-Skirts.

I sent in an email ticket, In Game GM PM, and Forum Post with all my Information and reciepts for proof of purchase.. they fixed the Missing Starship 3 hours after I sent in those complaints.. the Skirt issue was resolved last patch. though they still need artwork.

As for paying for the game.. I know, by playing other MMO's, htat I would be required to enter a billing method when I entered my retail key.

I also knew that I wouldn't be billed until after my retail key time expired (30 days). I also knew that I could cancel the subscription before the 30 days were up and not be charged anything.

Then I thought, I really like Trek and the space combat reminds me of SFC 3, and since it is a new MMO, it will grow, especially with the fanbase of trek. I purchased a Lifetime subscription during the end of closed beta so I wouldn't have to worry about a monthly subscription fee.

But that doesn't preclude that I know about the stuff you are complaining about. If this is a sup[rise to you, there is this thing called a search engine and the internet. Another word comes to mind is research, that way you know what you are getting and getting into before you purchase anything.

It is no one's fault but your own if you didn't do the research. All MMO's that I know of follow the same billing model.

Also with this being a recurring charge, when did you think that they would take your billing information?

as I originally stated, just buy that Pre-Paid card you said you were going to use, enter the info in to unlock your account, then cancel the billing option and use your card at McDonalds or something. You get your 320 days and then it will quit working until you enter another card into the billing screen and payment clears.

Up to you.. the billing model is for your convience and theirs. If it is inconvient for you, bypass it the way I just stated.. problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm2b2 View Post
Yeh this is a poor way of handling the subscriptions...
It's like STO attracted every mmo noob in the universe....

OP is a blatant troll btw, nobody can be this stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Thebigcheese
It's like STO attracted every mmo noob in the universe....

OP is a blatant troll btw, nobody can be this stupid.
According to him, he's not. His "wife" (aka mommy) is.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Even my 13 year old daughter has a PayPal debit card...
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Don't make assumptions. They're the quickest road to distaster! Don't they teach that in US schools??
Nice! Another US basher.

Tell you what, do they teach you how to use a SEARCH FEATURE in Denmark? This subject has been covered a hundred times already --

Here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ghlight=30+day

and here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ghlight=30+day

And that's just on the first two pages. It took me 5 minutes to find those links. It probably took you longer to post your original whining rant, whining replies and general b.s. after that.

Maybe you should lay off the pot of which your government is so tolerant...

A quick Google search shows that the banking system in the Netherlands is fairly primitive. Credit cards and debit cards seem to be fairly nonexistent. PayPal should still link to a checking account, however, or game cards should be readily available.