Lt. Commander
Every time I have to reinstall the game, for whatever reason, and launch it; it downloads Champions Online... What the hell is that all about?

I do mean every time I install STO. I even uninstalled and deleted the CO files again just to make sure.

Devs, I need an answer. I have no desire to take up 10GB of junk space on my HDDs, and I can't play STO without that crap 10GB download.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by die6o View Post
Every time I have to reinstall the game, for whatever reason, and launch it; it downloads Champions Online... What the hell is that all about?

I do mean every time I install STO. I even uninstalled and deleted the CO files again just to make sure.

Devs, I need an answer. I have no desire to take up 10GB of junk space on my HDDs, and I can't play STO without that crap 10GB download.
You're using the wrong downloader, or you have a config file that is telling it to download CO.

http://files.startrekonline.com/inst...line_setup.exe

use that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 08:56 AM
I am MOST CERTAINLY -NOT- using the wrong installer. I downloaded this installer from ATARI. Ya know... the people that are responsible for this game cuz they own CRYPTIC.

I want a dev response because calling customer service was a complete waste of my time. DEVS? Champions online... really? I have seen a dev say that "if you use some installers more than once that bad things happen." REALLY? REALLY??

Well geez that's super helpful and solves my problem completely. C'mon devs how about helping your users out. I mean there are literally hundreds of threads about this crap and the only thing you can say is "bad things happen."
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by die6o View Post
I am MOST CERTAINLY -NOT- using the wrong installer. I downloaded this installer from ATARI. Ya know... the people that are responsible for this game cuz they own CRYPTIC.

I want a dev response because calling customer service was a complete waste of my time. DEVS? Champions online... really? I have seen a dev say that "if you use some installers more than once that bad things happen." REALLY? REALLY??

Well geez that's super helpful and solves my problem completely. C'mon devs how about helping your users out. I mean there are literally hundreds of threads about this crap and the only thing you can say is "bad things happen."

Ok. before you start the abusive language and lose the forum account, let me say this. USE CRYPTICS DOWNLOADER. NOT A THIRD PARTY ONE. They are prone to errors.

Again, use the link i mentioned above, and get the gae that way. You will NOT download any other game apart from STO.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Uncheck "Show all games" in the launcher options.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Give people this angry a stick and make them into shock troops.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Gotta love it when the error is between the chair and the keyboard...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
Gotta love it when the error is between the chair and the keyboard...
Also known as ID-10-T. To get the age-old expression out of the basement again. Ah, those were good times.

"Sir, it seems you have encountered an ID-10-T error."

"So do something about it!"

"*mutters* You don't want me to do something about it..."

"I'm sorry, I didn't get that?"

"Yes, here's what you're gonna do..."

Good times indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 02:06 AM
Even if it's his own fault for having his downloader set up incorrectly, it's pretty silly that any scenario would exist where he would need to download CoH in order to play STO. Just sayin...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemix
Even if it's his own fault for having his downloader set up incorrectly, it's pretty silly that any scenario would exist where he would need to download CoH in order to play STO. Just sayin...
when he has the option enabled that let you download/patch/launch both games from one launcher, he also get a drop down menu (just above the progression bar) where he can set it to STO so he don't download the CO client. Failing to do so makes it an user error.

CO = Champions Online, not City of xxxxxxx