Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Retrieving characters
02-14-2010, 07:11 AM
Okay, I just tried to log in and stupid me forgot to check if the server was up. It wasn't. So the game got stuck in a loop of "retrieving character list"... The problem with this is that it's infinite...

What I would like to suggest is that if the game client can't retrieve the character list within 30 seconds, to dump the user back at the login screen with an error...

or even an abort button!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
Okay, I just tried to log in and stupid me forgot to check if the server was up. It wasn't. So the game got stuck in a loop of "retrieving character list"... The problem with this is that it's infinite...

What I would like to suggest is that if the game client can't retrieve the character list within 30 seconds, to dump the user back at the login screen with an error...

or even an abort button!
yeah agreed send the user back to login or abort button pls, but mainly try and fix the damn problem with retrieving character list it takes like half an hour.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 09:21 AM
I should add to this, that i have experianced that loop. But also ive gotten stuck on the same loop when the server was up. sometimes for a few hours. And these are not during maintenance hours.

Does it crash everyone when they add a patch? Because i crash every time i do ground missions. like starbase 24. sometimes i get farther and rarely i can finish the level. But most of the time i crash, when i boot back up there is a new patch to download.