Lt. Commander
# 1 subscription problems
02-14-2010, 09:50 AM
my 30 days of play are not working after talking with the gms i have found out that my time card is a collectors edition but my game is a gold edition i would guess thats y its not working but its not like i have changed it with a collectors edition time card its the one i in the box with the game i am wondering were to go with this problem got two one four Brualness who has the same problem i was thinking its a collectors as is more costly then a gold y cant thay trade it four a gold key or something
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar2
my 30 days of play are not working after talking with the gms i have found out that my time card is a collectors edition but my game is a gold edition i would guess thats y its not working but its not like i have changed it with a collectors edition time card its the one i in the box with the game i am wondering were to go with this problem got two one four Brualness who has the same problem i was thinking its a collectors as is more costly then a gold y cant thay trade it four a gold key or something
Sounds like you have two retail keys. Those are used to create accounts or add perks to accounts. gamecards are completely different and only add game time to the account.

You will need to activate your game by paypal, credit card, or purchase a valid gamecard (Not another retail key)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Ok I was reading in and out on this forum and wrote a few posts but now I am even more confused so I wil start from the top and please someone help me
Ok I recived my STo by mail from a Slovenian provider...Only the middle man I thing... The box inclouded a t-shirt 5 post cards a universe map and a card thats says STO EXCLUSIVE DS9 uniform set and a 25 char key on the back.
So now I go to STO.com and try to redeem my key...One is located on my manual back and I enter it and am forwarded to the sub page where you choose game card, 1 month or 6 month sub... On the top box it says STO retail 30 days free...but no "next" botton
So I have to choose how to pay...game card or credit card...i allready payed for the game and just for the time beeing want to play that 30 days free...on the credit card note I do not have one...or only Diners int. no Visa or American express cuz in Slovenia only a handfull have thoose cards...
So how to redeem my key?
I tried to enter the second key that I got on that exclusive card in the Game card box but it throws me back to the first page and tells me to contact support there was a problem with your request.
So I even tried to enter the second key on that card from the begining but as before th gets me only to payment options screen...only diffrence is that on top it says STO gold edition...
What is this second key witch one to use what to do I am at a lost and really wish to play please can someone anwser once and for all...You've been great so far so please help...
And again sorry for spelling errors
Miha Peternel From Slovenia
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Please anyone? Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsburge View Post
Please anyone? Thanks!

If you have the gold edition, go to www.startrekonline.com_enter_key and put in the code with the uniforms. (make sure you are logged into the site first.)
Now enter any other keys in the box. (leave key in the book till the next step)

Now go to www.startrekonline.com/activate and enter the key on the manual. You should have been able to skip the subscription part of the signup process, as theres a bug with one of the codes, that counts as a game card
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

If you have the gold edition, go to www.startrekonline.com_enter_key and put in the code with the uniforms. (make sure you are logged into the site first.)
Now enter any other keys in the box. (leave key in the book till the next step)

Now go to www.startrekonline.com/activate and enter the key on the manual. You should have been able to skip the subscription part of the signup process, as theres a bug with one of the codes, that counts as a game card
Thank you but cuz of my poor english I didn't understand that entirely.
so the firts link is broken so I replaced the first _ to / then it sends me to redeem key I entered the secend key the one on the card not on manual now what? I am back at sub page? Sorry and really thank you for your time and help...I need just a little bit of more
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 02:07 PM
tedgp123 or any other senior please...and thanks...I know I am a bit abnoxius...but am sooo eager to play the game thanks
Lt. Commander
# 8 Time Cards Don't Work
02-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Bought a 60 day prepaid time card today In Canada and when I try to enter the code Cryptic says its not valid..........is this a mickey mouse outfit or maybe its just another problem with their "billing provider" . Anybody else having this trouble?:
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 02:45 PM
ok. Ill try to explain it easier for ya.

1. Create a Startrek online account.
2. Make sure you are logged in to teh accoutn on the website, and go to http://www.startrekonline.com/activate
3. On this page, enter your retail key. ( The key that is on the instruction book.)
4. A new page will come up asking you to fill out your subscription information. FIll it in, and make sure you enter a valid paypal, credit card, or timecard. (Timecards are sold seperatly and is NOT the same code as the one on your instruction book)
5. Follow the instructions and confirm your account is active.
6. Go to your account info page and click on subscription. Click gamecard, then click ok. This will remove the previous billing info, so you can play the free game time without ever needing to pay till next month.
7. Login to the launcher, patch the game and welcome to STO!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2010, 02:58 PM
ROFL so thats not the 30 day key its the STO EXCLUSIVE DS9 uniform set perks then thats were i am going wrong