Lt. Commander
# 51
11-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
We've added three new screenshots to our gallery! Included is a first look at a Federation vessel in dry dock and a Science Officer with peculiar markings!

See them in our gallery!
The shots look great, thanks for giving us a few more peeks into the world of STO. Can't wait to play!
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Although the screenshots are great, I'm not gonna lie, still not impressed with the "cartoony-ness"
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiththestud View Post
Although the screenshots are great, I'm not gonna lie, still not impressed with the "cartoony-ness"
Play Wow For 5 minutes, then say it is cartoony.
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Thank you for another update, it's like christmas
Lt. Commander
# 55
11-26-2008, 09:07 PM
ooooh i can already feel the questions coming on, like what are those green things on the ship? is the zipper a customization option or a new uniform? does that federation officer have a really big errrr...?

thankyou for the pics cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball06 View Post
Do the hands look really big on the federation officer outside the Klingon outpost to anyone else?
If you watch the trailer there hands look the same as in the new screen shots
Lt. Commander
# 57
11-26-2008, 09:36 PM
um... if you are serious that these are in game renders/screen shots then the art team needs to fire the persons doing the textures. This is 2008 not 2004, this is a game to be played on top of the line computers, from what I see the quality of the textures and the lighting is horrid, something from a cut scene on a ps1!
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-26-2008, 09:39 PM
If Large-Handed-Man is indeed not human, then perhaps the devs should consider making those hands a bit bigger to clear up this confusion.

Now, can Cryptic commit to releasing more screen shots within the next 2 weeks? We went nearly 2 months this time, which is really not cool given this game's history with its fans. It would be very smart to reward even the slightest goodwill of fans with some sign of progress once or twice every month.
Lt. Commander
# 59
11-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiththestud View Post
It's intentional. Just like how Team Fortress 2 is intentionally colored the way it is and not realistic like Half-Life 2, even though they use the same engine. It's just the style they chose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STO View Post
um... if you are serious that these are in game renders/screen shots then the art team needs to fire the persons doing the textures. This is 2008 not 2004, this is a game to be played on top of the line computers, from what I see the quality of the textures and the lighting is horrid, something from a cut scene on a ps1!
Actually the direction of the art is intentional. It's not the decision of the artist what style to draw it, but the decision of the project leader (Craig) about what art style to use. It's like, as I've mentioned. Team Fortress 2 vs Half-Life 2. Sure they could have made TF2 more life-like, but they didn't and it's still awesome AND high quality.

Just because you can't see someone's facial pores doesn't mean it can be rendered on a PS1.
Although if we have an MMO that can do 60FPS of a CGI render that probably took a full day to render, I think that's impressive.
Lt. Commander
# 60
11-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miqrogroove View Post
If Large-Handed-Man is indeed not human, then perhaps the devs should consider making those hands a bit bigger to clear up this confusion.

Now, can Cryptic commit to releasing more screen shots within the next 2 weeks? We went nearly 2 months this time, which is really not cool given this game's history with its fans. It would be very smart to reward even the slightest goodwill of fans with some sign of progress once or twice every month.
It could just be the way the camera is positioned.