Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
As I was grumbling last night about problems with the Klingons being barely implimented I had a thought. As a member of the Federation We've had several instances even at my low level of working with Klingons at least distantly as part of the story arc. Why not impliment a system where Klingons can ally themselves with the Federation on an individual level? Basicly allowing them to switch sides temporily. You can play a Klingon already in Starfleet. You can make an Alien that mirrors just about anyone. This opens up the current content to Klingons and levels the playing field some while new content is being crafted.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-14-2010, 11:08 AM
clearly you have no knowledge of understanding of klingon culture. They value duty, loyalty and honor. Working for a declared enemy of the state is treason and is a guaranteed death sentence
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digglez
clearly you have no knowledge of understanding of klingon culture. They value duty, loyalty and honor. Working for a declared enemy of the state is treason and is a guaranteed death sentence
Oh I do, but I also understand the reality that there is no content for Klingons. I understand that there are already Klingons playable on the Federation side. You do know this already right? My suggestion is purely a practical suggestion based entirely on the world we have been presented with. It's great that you want to be all perfect with the Klingon implimentation but how many fewer Klingons can there be before it doesn't matter anyway? I also point out again that there are already examples in the story arcs in this game already of Klingon and Federation interests overlapping. Just for the record you may not be all that great a fan of Startrek either or you would recall numerous episodes throughout the series where Klingons and Federation members work together on one cause or another.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-14-2010, 11:52 AM
It's a nice idea, but I think most who play Klingon are here for reasons that go beyond content. Don't get me wrong, we would love to see this faction get some real content, either in PvE or PvP, but what's compelling us to play here, right now, is that it's Klingon. And like Digglez says, Klingons don't do treason unless they decided to toss their honor out the airlock.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cid
It's a nice idea, but I think most who play Klingon are here for reasons that go beyond content. Don't get me wrong, we would love to see this faction get some real content, either in PvE or PvP, but what's compelling us to play here, right now, is that it's Klingon. And like Digglez says, Klingons don't do treason unless they decided to toss their honor out the airlock.
If there is a common goal it's not treason. The Klingons are a very practical race after all. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, today, even if yesterday and tomorrow we are also enemies.

I want to see Klingon content but I fear it's not being very practical for the Devs to invest very much time at all in the Klingons with daily server crashes and unhappy players on the Federation side where the vast majority of players live while they play the game. A quick fix for Klingons simply seemed like a better idea to me than one that is months or years away or that takes away from solving problems involving a larger portion of the players. I have no problem with Klingons helping the Federation kill pirates for example or protect a storage ship from being stollen, if it had a purpose for them. The Klingons were willing to work with the Federation to kill the Undine for example.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-14-2010, 12:11 PM
It would probably be easier to cookie cutter the fed explore, defend and patrol missions make a few cosmetic changes and call them klingon content then allow Klingons to switch sides.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael102 View Post
It would probably be easier to cookie cutter the fed explore, defend and patrol missions make a few cosmetic changes and call them klingon content then allow Klingons to switch sides.
Aye, perhaps it could be. I assumed since it wasn't done already there was a reason they couldn't easily do it. Perhaps the only deterent was time. /shrug
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-14-2010, 12:54 PM
There is a mission in the federation where you help a Klingon small fleet kill a Undine. So this idea would not be far fetched based on ingame gameplay.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyluryn
As I was grumbling last night about problems with the Klingons being barely implimented I had a thought. As a member of the Federation We've had several instances even at my low level of working with Klingons at least distantly as part of the story arc. Why not impliment a system where Klingons can ally themselves with the Federation on an individual level? Basicly allowing them to switch sides temporily. You can play a Klingon already in Starfleet. You can make an Alien that mirrors just about anyone. This opens up the current content to Klingons and levels the playing field some while new content is being crafted.
Some of us prefer the culture that emerges from having the KDF more difficult to play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-14-2010, 09:30 PM
I would rather die impaled on the spikes in the fields of Vlad the Impaler than take anything at all the Federation thought to give me...

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:38 PM.