Lt. Commander
Ok here is my take on the space combat system, the actual ship handling maneuvering and general functionality are pretty good, no real complaints there. My beef come with when you get in over your head, bite off more than you can chew, etc... when you get your buthanded to you and are forced to respawn you wait a few seconds and BAM back at it 100% - rinse repeat recycle as long as you can actually do damage to the enemy you win, its just a matter of grinding away at it, no worry as to consequences. This is mindless pandering to the children with no tactics or to some one that wants a real rush from combat. it is an MMO not a console grindfest. The ground combat has the right idea and with some tweaking could work well for space combat. On the ground you respawn barely breathing and need heals and cover to get back into the fight. In my opinion space combat is lacking just that, add in destroyed systems that get repeatedly pounded on and now you have a space combat system where you dont just jump in and grind away till its done.

in short make it a consequence for losing a fight not just a 10 second time out.

Cpt. Sebastian Jedikia - U.S.S. Event Horizon 7th Fleet
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedikia View Post
Ok here is my take on the space combat system, the actual ship handling maneuvering and general functionality are pretty good, no real complaints there. My beef come with when you get in over your head, bite off more than you can chew, etc... when you get your buthanded to you and are forced to respawn you wait a few seconds and BAM back at it 100% - rinse repeat recycle as long as you can actually do damage to the enemy you win, its just a matter of grinding away at it, no worry as to consequences. This is mindless pandering to the children with no tactics or to some one that wants a real rush from combat. it is an MMO not a console grindfest. The ground combat has the right idea and with some tweaking could work well for space combat. On the ground you respawn barely breathing and need heals and cover to get back into the fight. In my opinion space combat is lacking just that, add in destroyed systems that get repeatedly pounded on and now you have a space combat system where you dont just jump in and grind away till its done.

in short make it a consequence for losing a fight not just a 10 second time out.

Cpt. Sebastian Jedikia - U.S.S. Event Horizon 7th Fleet
Agree to your point...and many other people would do so...

But dont be to disappointed if not much people would answer:

They have the same opinion as you but they already answered in hundreds of posts and threads of the same topic since start of Open Beta...

So eventually, its better, you look out for the hundreds of similar threads to yours and place your voting there
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 09:44 AM
I will repeat ad nauseum... the game is too easy.

Devs, you can do a search to find out my reasons for I know you do not like statements of just agreement.

Wait... you never read these do you. If you could just post on one of the too easy threads... just one...

That would let me know you might care about a big portion of your subscription base and give some concrete feedback on the "it's too easy" crowd.

Why did you change the difficulty level to begin with? How many complained?

I feel like when I write on these forums it is like talking to an empty room. Cryptic seems to be only concerned with people with tech issues. For those that can play, the experience is boring with difficulty as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 03:28 PM
I have also posted some reasons why in other threads, it's still too easy in solo pve I think the only way I could die would be to try to.

So yea agree with all you guys :0
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCivicCRX View Post
I have also posted some reasons why in other threads, it's still too easy in solo pve I think the only way I could die would be to try to.

So yea agree with all you guys :0
Well, group up then, then it will be challenging for you.

I have grouped many times and solo'ed, 90% of the time i get grouped with players that haven't got a clue on what to fight first or ignore until last, so i don't see the point.