Login

Lt. Commander
# 81
02-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
Klingon Advantages:

Cloak allows teams to regroup safely after a losing fight
Cloak allows teams to plan a target order before an attack begins, and get an advantageous positon
Cloak allows teams to determine which ship will be focus fired upon first (by order of decloaking)
Battle Cruiser type ships can use Dual Cannon weapons
Battle Cruiser type ships have vastly superior turn rates to Federation equivalents at tier 4+
Bird-of-Prey type ships have universal Bridge Officer slots, making them very versatile
Bird-of-Prey type ships have Battle Cloak, which lets them (attempt to) cloak while in combat

Klingon Disadvantages:

One entire type of ship (Raptor) is almost entirely useless at every tier
No Cruiser-equivalent ship type at tier 2
"Science Vessel" ship type (Bird-of-Prey) has fewer bridge officer slots than other ships at tier
"Science Vessel" ship type (Bird-of-Prey) is much more fragile than Federation equivalent
All ship types are less durable than Federation equivalents, with the possible exception of the Vo'Quv Carrier at tier 5
Klingon players get considerably less Honor (Starfleet Merits) as they level through PvP, which creates a variety of crew-related issues
Klingon players have no natural access to blue rarity gear that Federation players are given as quest rewards, and on average Federation characters are geared considerably better than equal level Klingons

Anything I missed?
You missed at least one:

Klingons have no access to "efficient" bridge officers, giving them a not-insignificant disadvantage in power settings.
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbox77
You missed at least one:

Klingons have no access to "efficient" bridge officers, giving them a not-insignificant disadvantage in power settings.
I wouldn't worry about that too much, efficient only boosts low power settings so whatever they aren't focused in becomes slightly less bad.
It's still a plus though, although Klingons with Borg BOs get a set right?
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-14-2010, 05:58 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=115814

This might help you as a fed. I dont really think it will as most the feds posting here want their PvP like they play STO; easy and I win.