Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Away Team AI Broken?
02-14-2010, 12:00 PM
I am on the mission Cage of fire on the planet of Bajor and for some reason, my team has completly stopped following me. I can set rally points and everything and they will not budge. Anyone one else having trouble with your away team following you and if so any idea on how to get them to follow?

Update:

I think its the stupid medical generator skills. I have 2 engineers with em and every time the CD is up on it, they create one and stop moving entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 12:28 PM
it happened to me as well - i put a bug report.
i think it is due to the grates to be honest - everytime i was on the rock area or solid ground they did fine, but hte second i would go on to te grate they would stop. i then had to use rally points at short intervals to get them to the next solid ground area, which is not much..lol
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
i think it is due to the grates to be honest
I think you are right, I was in the fire caves with grates...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Grrr, this episode made me angry.

I had it too. I was going to post but forgot the name of it and it ticked me off so bad Irefused to go back and look for it, so I just put it out of my head and carried on.

My away team got stuck, everywhere. It got so bad I couldn't even just mass move them. I had to move each and every away team member individually around corners and over the metal bridge sections. During a fight, one of them managed to jump off to her fiery doom. No way to get down there to rez her, had to carry on with three. Fortunately I'm Tactical, so security team made up for it. Damn episode took HOURS all because of the away team micromanagement.

Thats one episode I'd rather forget. Thoroughly unenjoyable, which is too bad, because it would have been one of the better story driven ones if it had worked. That section in the fire caves just thoroughly killed it.

BTW I assumed it was the cover shields. Damn engies always throwing that thing up in the worst possible place, like doorways and narrow passages. Some skills a bridge officer just should not have. Chalk it up to a lesson learned the hard way.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Honestly, I thought it was the candles that were obstructing the AI pathing. They seemed to stop near corners that hand candles. I put in a report on it as well. First mission my away team has not followed me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 05:35 PM
I am having the problem right now. My Away-Team has not only stopped following me, they have completely vanished from my visual acuity, but their lifesigns remain on the map.

When I go to those locations, they are not around ... anywhere ....

I died on purpose so I could respawn to see if they would respawn with me and they did, but the moment I turned around to scan for my next location and turn back, they are gone and their lifesigns are somewhere else and they will not follow.

Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Look down. One or more of them have probably realized they are useless and having fallen into a deep depression they've decided to end it and jump into the lava.

I suppose I was lucky. I only lost one. I considered dying so we could respawn, but considering the Boffs are essentially useless on this map, I took it as a bit of a blessing in disguise. One less person to micromanage movements for. I left her in the bottom of the fiery pit of doom and carried on without her.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Dieing doesnt Help, Tried it.

The AI on that mission seems to have corneritus, they'll only travel in straight lines and you have to rallypoint them to get them round it,

straight lines they will rally point fine
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 10:17 AM
I had the same problem on this mission and had to solo through it after realizing that no amount of coaxing was going to get my officers to follow orders, they just refused to walk across those bridges. I tried numerous ways to use the rally points, but always someone would stay behind (usually 3 of them stayed while one moved). Eventually, I got fed up with it and just left them behind. I submitted a bug report on it, and hopefully it will be fixed soon, as it was quite frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah.. I was having the exact same issue. I managed to get my team all the way through but it took *alot* of time playing with ralley points.. The pathing in that place is completley screwed, lol. Heck, at the end one of my medics got completley stuck.. Had to 4 man the final boss and her crew >_>..

So yea.. TL;DR - Cage of Fire AI Pathing is Brooooooken.