Commander
ok...so 19 times I've seen 'server not responding' since yesterday's server crash..today, 10 minutes ago? I got this message and was promptly dumped right to the in game login screen, I'm a bit curious if anyone else has seen this problem, and I really hope no one says its ISP related..if it was, well I'd be seeing issues with starwars the old republic, mass effect 3(xbox 360 version..which adds yet more hops to any trace route cause its bioware AND microsoft), and a few other games that need broadband access.
freedom is the right of all sentient beings -optimus prime, transformers 2007 /
Quote:
Looks like Starfleet ships use Windows, sometimes they need a while..
Quote:
Ignore the red light. It's a Cardassian interrogation technique. It's actually green, and there are five of them. Seriously.
Quote:
There are FOUR lights!
Captain
# 2
01-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Good ol' SNR

Happens to everyone.
I am the STO Lorax. I picked myself up and left, until the day the fun is replanted.
Commander
# 3
01-22-2014, 08:38 PM
joy... used to be once or twice and only on patching files for new areas.
freedom is the right of all sentient beings -optimus prime, transformers 2007 /
Quote:
Looks like Starfleet ships use Windows, sometimes they need a while..
Quote:
Ignore the red light. It's a Cardassian interrogation technique. It's actually green, and there are five of them. Seriously.
Quote:
There are FOUR lights!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Game froze and I went to restart STO and the login server is not responding.

Guess the weather getting to the servers in Boston.
Career Officer
# 5
01-22-2014, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraiderv1 View Post
..., and I really hope no one says its ISP related.....
Is this a ostrich sticking its head in the sand???

Unless those other games have their Servers in the same Physical location as the STO Servers, the fact that you can connect to them doesn't really say anything. Different locations on the Internet are going to have different performance metrics. Just because your ISP can connect to one game Sever doesn't mean it can connect to all game servers...
Career Officer
# 6
01-22-2014, 10:58 PM
Verizon internet? They're having issues with their transcontinental routing.
Career Officer
# 7
01-23-2014, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
Verizon internet? They're having issues with their transcontinental routing.
Don't get me started on verizon. They are the suckiest sucks that ever sucked at sucking.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Ensign
# 8
01-23-2014, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraiderv1 View Post
ok...so 19 times I've seen 'server not responding' since yesterday's server crash..today, 10 minutes ago? I got this message and was promptly dumped right to the in game login screen, I'm a bit curious if anyone else has seen this problem, and I really hope no one says its ISP related..if it was, well I'd be seeing issues with starwars the old republic, mass effect 3(xbox 360 version..which adds yet more hops to any trace route cause its bioware AND microsoft), and a few other games that need broadband access.
Same here, except it happened since the launcher update to me, my internet is running full speed here in South Africa (what passes for full speed anyway). Hoping that after the shard maintenance it will be fixed.
Captain
# 9
01-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddinghero View Post
Same here, except it happened since the launcher update to me, my internet is running full speed here in South Africa (what passes for full speed anyway). Hoping that after the shard maintenance it will be fixed.
Same here. My internet is fine. I just can't log in now, I'm always getting timed out. Fingers crossed this is fixed today after the weekly tune up.
Ensign
# 10
01-23-2014, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosbfly View Post
Same here. My internet is fine. I just can't log in now, I'm always getting timed out. Fingers crossed this is fixed today after the weekly tune up.
The US proxy takes ages, but just displays character and not the ship, then after clicking play is times out. The EU proxy does the same, except is gets loading a map and while it is loading a map as normal i get the login2 timeout error thingy.
It's dead Jim.