Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2012, 06:42 PM
I certainly am bummed out this patch seems broken - been at it for about an hour. I just would prefer they lengthen the time they have the 'event' up for, as tonight is going to be scratched entirely it looks like.

Having the same issues everyone else is saying here: loading extremely slowly, if at all, and I made the mistake of aborting and trying again...
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2012, 07:04 PM
I completely deleted the game and began to patch it again from the Launcher and tada its stuck at 28.9% and continues to download gigabytes of useless data beyond the stated 418mb patch the launcher is now leaking into memory again, and its approaching 500mb now of RAM just for the launcher... can you say MEMORY LEAK BUG AKA TERRIBLE PROGRAMMING

Edit: Apparently I get different results if I run the launcher as administrator directly from the directory... the patch now says 299mb and it appears to be progressing properly...

Edit: nevermind it went back to 1.0% and its now frozen at 365kb

Edit: reinstalling the original steam version + run as adminstrator = patch downloads properly now, just waitng to see if it actually gets to 100% this time before packet loss causes it to corrupt and leak into memory again

Edit: nope patch broke at 95.5% but the downloading is continuing along with the Star Trek Online.exe is now filling up my RAM
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2012, 07:19 PM
I am having this exact problem, I started downloading the patch and it got stuck at 96% or so and after a good while I closed it out and started it up again. It then said I only had 77mb left to download, slowly filled up the first time to about 64mb then just sat there for 30 min with the load in processes getting bigger and bigger. Now every time I close it out and start again it still says 77mb and the bar quickly fills up to 64mb and just sits.

I did validate files through steam and now it seems that the entire game is being re-downloaded through steam (I have had this on my comp for a good long while now so this is a steam install from before it went F2P, this issue is definitely something to do with the latest patch.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe202 View Post
I am having this exact problem, I started downloading the patch and it got stuck at 96% or so and after a good while I closed it out and started it up again. It then said I only had 77mb left to download, slowly filled up the first time to about 64mb then just sat there for 30 min with the load in processes getting bigger and bigger. Now every time I close it out and start again it still says 77mb and the bar quickly fills up to 64mb and just sits.

I did validate files through steam and now it seems that the entire game is being re-downloaded through steam (I have had this on my comp for a good long while now so this is a steam install from before it went F2P, this issue is definitely something to do with the latest patch.
I tried this and it doesnt make a difference, the patch always breaks at 95.5% with a 77mb file left to go, but instead of writing that file to the hard drive the loader fails and starts leaking into RAM, the download gets bigger and bigger until Im assuming you run out of RAM then your system will crash... Im not waiting around to download 8GB of useless data to prove that theory

now Im doing the absolute last resort, searching my entire registry for anyting with Trek or Cryptic in the name, deleting it, and reinstalling my steam backup and patching for the 6th time now... if this doesnt work this game can die in a fire hope someone takes down the servers and steals everyones passwords and credit cards for all I care
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm sure this will be fixed, but not in time for the first day gift to be gotten. What I want to know is what about those of us who are having this issue are just going to be told tough crap in regards to the first day gift from Q.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2012, 08:06 PM
completely eradicating all traces of the game from the hard disk and registry, redownloading the client from steam, restarting the loader with administrator priveledges, after a fresh reboot, and it sticks again at 96.5%, continues to leak into memory and ive downloaded over 500 extra megabytes of data which is going directly into my RAM, but whatever Im going to leave it until it bluescreens because I dont give a damn anymore just to waste my ISP bandwidth that I could have used to pirate an actual professional game not this college kid material.

Edit: and just like that after downloading 127mb of (extra) data it works, now lets see how much of my profile was lost

Edit: appears to be working again... maybe it was just demand on the patch servers causing it to time out and this time it finally finished properly
Lt. Commander
# 27 intersting
02-03-2012, 05:17 AM
okay so, it works, its just that it stops and downloads useless data....just leave it like that, it will patch sooner or later. In the mean time, go take a bath or walk the dog.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Throwing in a "me too" for this.

I don't have any progress showing and it simply says "Patching" for ages. No real indication it's doing anything, but I guess I'll leave it for a while and play something else. When my daily timers were going to reset was exactly at server downtime last night, too. Ah, well. All my maxed characters have their free ship, at least.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-06-2012, 12:25 PM
"Patching" here too. Bummed as its my day off and I just started playing a few days ago and am HOOKED (and still in the inept/confused stage!)

If one quits out and restarts does it resume or start anew?

- edit - I restarted my computer, went back and started the game and it was patched and ready to go. Hoorah!
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Stuck on patching here too. My internet is not great so I had to wait an entire day for it to download. Once downloaded, it STILL needs to patch? I left it AN ENTIRE DAY on 'patching' because some other people said maybe it's doing something after all. An entire day later, it's STILL patching?

As another poster above points out, it's a good thing this is free to play. I'd not be best pleased if I'd paid a subscription for this. 14 days later, no solution from staff?
Closed Thread