Lt. Commander
# 31
02-16-2012, 12:32 PM
A quick update: I went into Steam\steamapps\common\star trek online\Star Trek Online\Live and manually ran "GameClient.exe", which launched the game with no launcher.

I logged into the game, at which point it crashed and the Cryptic error thing popped up.

Then, launching the game through Steam, the launcher appeared, and said that there was a verification error with the files, and proceeded to verify the entire game. After this happened, it began patching properly.

I hope this works for other people with this issue.

I am still appalled that this could happen in the first place and that there is apparently no official technical support on this issue. I am a software developer myself (not games development, admittedly) and I would not be in a job if I released software that did things like this.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Check my sig for a link to a possible fix for this issue. The fix provided hasn't worked for everyone and I'm still working on narrowing down the specific files that cause this problem but even so, I'd say I've had about an 80% or so success rate with this.

Best of luck?
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-16-2012, 09:48 PM
I get stuck after a patch I launch the game then when I start the launcher it just says "Patching" or after it's finished it just hangs after a patch. I've learned that if I shut down the launcher and restart it it keeps doing the same thing, However if I open the task manager is has the cryptic error process and/or the Gameclient.exe process running. if I kill them the launcher works properly again. might not be the answer to all your troubles. but it's worth looking into.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orexisgrimm
I get stuck after a patch I launch the game then when I start the launcher it just says "Patching" or after it's finished it just hangs after a patch. I've learned that if I shut down the launcher and restart it it keeps doing the same thing, However if I open the task manager is has the cryptic error process and/or the Gameclient.exe process running. if I kill them the launcher works properly again. might not be the answer to all your troubles. but it's worth looking into.
ty this just solved my problem with the new patch!
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-24-2012, 10:15 AM
I've been stuck on patching ever since Friday. It always goes to 'Received: 9902KB' and just freezes. I'm not a really tech savvy person but I've done all I can think of. I've restarted and tried it dozens of times. I've restarted my computer, I've 'run as administrator' I've tried all the ideas in this thread. Still nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-24-2012, 09:40 PM
So anyone got any ideas? Do I just wait until the next update or something?
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-25-2012, 04:07 AM
The new patch this friday , and now nothing i can do .
The patcher is so slow , it been running for hours.
The game itself is like server dc all the time.
Before patch on friday , the game runned perfectly , no lag nothing.
So dont say its my isp , since i let them check everything even ports.

Somehow its on cryptic side the problem , but again no response on tickets or comment , and i'm even a lifetime subber that cant play anymore .
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-25-2012, 02:08 PM
I've been patching a install for over 4 hours and seem to be going to be patching for infinity. 64/78mb left to patch it says,

but I've currently downloaded over 600mb. So... how broken is this thing?
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-28-2012, 04:29 PM
I still can't play. Patching stops at Received 9902KB. It's been this way since the update last Friday. I'd really like to be able to play the game again.

Edit 1: Wait its different now. Now it goes up to Patched 1268.5MB/3788MB and freezes at 33%. I REALLY hope they can get this problem fixed before the weekend is over.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-30-2012, 12:08 PM
This is ridiculous. It's been a week and this problem is still here. It just won't patch. And I've done everything possible on my end to fix it so it has to be a problem on their end. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to play the game again before 2013.
Closed Thread