Lt. Commander
# 1 1-shot kill with 70% resist up
02-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Just as the title shows I got 1 shotted while having 70% resist to energy weps. 50% to all. I was doing ground pvp and the notorious "Hold" bar shows up and then I'm dead in one shot. How do I know it wasn't two shots back to back from two people? It was a 1v1 situation. I pre-healed myself before I turned the corner to give me the 3s of 50% damage reduction and still got 1-shot while in that 3 sec window.

There is waaaayyyyyy too much burst in this game. At the same time I feel like I'm immortal running around with 3 different heals. Running around I can keep myself alive no matter what hits me. Then I see "Hold" and cant move, then I'm dead in 1-shot. This is very broken because the only people who will get kills are the ones who can set up those kills.

My solution to the problem:

Reduce the healing done by 50% while reducing damage done by 50% when you are in a pvp environment. This will still allow healers to function and slow down the pace of the fighting. I know in the movies there were people who ran out and got 1-shot by phaser pistols but this is just not fun. Nobody wants to spawn in and know that there is absolutely no way possible that they can kill this one guy regardless of their personal skill. That goes both ways for healing and damage. Healers shouldn't be immortal through spamming heals and damage types shouldn't get an "I WIN" button that trumps any and all resists that the target has.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 10:43 AM
I just think exploit damage needs to be sorted out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Well without exploit damage you cant kill someone with the "Medic" kit. We have so many heals its ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhowdy View Post
Well without exploit damage you cant kill someone with the "Medic" kit. We have so many heals its ridiculous.
The HoT actually removes expose on every tic.

If they play it right, its the punting around with melee that stops them from refreshing it... which opens up the opportunity to expose them and one-shot them.

Engi: almost impossible to break shields, shooting them has a chance to expose you. Some nasty disables

Sci: shields go down like nothing, but they can take tons of damage directly, they have some holds but other than expose they dont do alot of damage.

Tac: die really easy, but 1-shot anyone who isnt resist stacking.

.... thats ground pvp in a nutshell.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 12:15 PM
I agree with reducing healing and exploit damage, both.

At the very least, the cooldown timer on hypos should be doubled. I would also try setting it so that exposing someone is simply a guaranteed "crit".
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I would also try setting it so that exposing someone is simply a guaranteed "crit".
Yeah I'd like that too, the whole "Kill three people in one shot from my obviously not overpowered split beam rifle" is getting old, even when I'm the one doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I agree with reducing healing and exploit damage, both.

At the very least, the cooldown timer on hypos should be doubled. I would also try setting it so that exposing someone is simply a guaranteed "crit".
Healing resists are through the roof so need to be toned down. I have no points in ground for my science toon but am still a ***** to take down.

Exploits are unnecessary, it's just a % based LoL feature.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen

Exploits are unnecessary, it's just a % based LoL feature.
There have been a couple of ground PvE boss fights where expose can help it go from a 5 min grind to a 1 min skirmish. That's what I think they wanted it for. Far too much burst for a pvp environment.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't know if I am just enjoying the exposes or what, but I am finding them to be a great part of PvP. If it weren't for exposes, I wouldn't die half as much as I do now.

While I am really enjoying the expose mechanic, I can see them changing it to simply being a +% damage taken from all sources for x seconds.

The way they have the weapons a system set up though, I don't think we are going to see a removal of the fundamentals of the system. This means we have to come up with an idea that incorporates everything we have now, but makes it workable in a way we see as balanced.

To be honest though, the current system is really growing on me and I am not sure if I would enjoy ground PvP as much as I do without it. Exposes work as a kind of random chance for anyone, no matter their skill level, to get a kill in PvP. It is a realistic feature I really enjoy. No matter how skilled or geared you are, there is always going to be a chance for someone to "catch you off guard" and kill you in one shot. It may make me shake my head when it happens to me, but I have come to respect it and enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Ground pvp, as a whole, is garbage, and they need to completely redo it.