Lt. Commander
# 21 OK...
02-14-2010, 12:08 PM
First you got $75.00 for the game from me...Then you got $240.00 for my being a lifer...That is over $300.00...Now...I have gotten to play about 25 hours...MAYBE....

The server is DoWN..uP...dOwN..Up...I think you owe me (Us) SOMETHING....Are you giving us some of our money back?...Let me check....NOPE...the bank account is just as it was...over three hundred dollars less that it was a month ago....What in the name of Q is going on Cryptic??????????????????????????????????????????? ???????? Darmok indeed...and the server fell....Sorry, I had to say it...
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-14-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't know if they have or not.... I know it would have been nice for them to notify us..especially seeing as I was about the level up finally.... do they role back the server when they do this or just not give a damn about the people "paying their wages?"

saying that it's not been online long and you know what problems SW:galaxies and WOW had when the first started.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Lets have some fun with Dev quotes.

"We are aware of this issue"--no you're not, I hope, else you would've fixed whatever problem causes the servers to come down multiple times a day. If you ARE aware of the issue, and can't fix it, then you owe a lot of Trekkies a lot of money in refunds.

"Send us your comments and ideas!"--ok, here's one for ya: Toyota makes better quality products than you, or so the server downtime makes it appear. The funny part is that at least the Toyotas run too much, whereas your STO servers break (brake? see what I did there?) too often.

With all of the newly-graduated college students out there, Cryptic can't hire some unemployed Comp Sci bum to fix their issues?
Lt. Commander
# 24 I'm getting sick of this!
02-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Seriously they post threads to us about making sure we dont overheat our computers? How can that happen....I'm only on for 5 mintues at a time before their server goes down again! Seriously are we still in Beta? Come on guys this is starting to be a poorly launched product!

El Capitán Ballenero
Lt. Commander
# 25 its getting old
02-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Ok lets all take a deep breath and hope (fingers crossed )this gets less often as these bugs crashes freezes and any error are sorted out. God made the world in seven days ......Anybody at Cryptic a God ...well ...hmmm
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
While the constant downtime sucks alot, what annoys me the most is, they dont have the BALLS to put up a DAMN message that the server is going down. Is that really to much to ask!?! seriously, get to fixing a message that says server will shutdown in 15min.

Get into game, get into group for the 3rd damn time today, and the freakign server shutsdown AGAIN for the 3rd time without any notice.

You get a 10/10 Cryptic for annoying people.
It's most likely this wasn't scheduled downtime. It's most likely a bug causing a crash, so they can't predict that, so they can't warn you about it either.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Advice to devs:

Turn it off and on again!
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Well the downtime issue seems to be ongoing since the release afik. At the moment what they could do with is being honest.. really the biggest thing people want is communication and if there were honest and simply gave us an ETA on the new server installations or told us there was an issue and it´d be a bit longer then it´d be ok...

C'mon Cryptic.. your CRM team can't be that bad that you are blind to this.. if you are then I'm currently looking for a job. Hire me and at least people who are paying your salary will be kept informed of what's going on!
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-14-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm personally disappointed. After dealing with the issues of CO, I didn't bother with the pre-release period of STO. In fact, I specifically waited weeks after release before attempting to play the game. It saddens me that I installed the game and set up the subscription information already at this point. It feels as though the 30 day game play is going to waste, and that is generally the time I use to decide if I would enjoy playing the game any further.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-14-2010, 12:28 PM
All I know is a lot of the people complaining about the server being down and how their going to "cancel their accounts" or "cryptic sucks, blah blah blah" seriously need to calm down:
1) It doesn't get you anywhere.
2) It doesn't do a damn thing to speed up the process of bringing the servers back up.
3) If you're raging this hard maybe you need a break from the damn game.
4) If you do nothing but complain why exactly would they be motivated to do anything? People work better being supported rather than berated.