Lt. Commander
# 21
02-14-2010, 12:05 PM
some underpaid code monkey did something in the patch that makes the server crash

it happens everywhere, just alot more with cryptic i guess
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlar
Why is it that every time our Fleet trys to do a fleet action the server crashes? It is almost impossible to get an instance with all fleet members, this is a slap in the face to Fleets everywhere. If you want long term subscribers you might want to take a hard look at fleet functions. No way to get all fleet members in one instance, the limit to 5 a group and no raid grouping, if you take the whole fleet to say sol system, the server crashes, No locks on Fleet money that are working, cant take something out of the fleet bank without putting something in causing clutter.

I am in this game for the Fleet and so are the other 200+ members of SFS.
If the customer is always right then consider this 250 votes to make fleets work!

If your fleet believes in the same things then post a quote reply to this!

Thank you for your time.
RA3. Whitewolf 1st Officer SFS

ah you must of been the daft **** telling every one they had to leave the instance you were in to make room for your members.....
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-14-2010, 12:08 PM
My last MMO was **** and I left that because of content.

They had their servers working perfectly after a week.

I love the idea behind this game. I can live with the existing bugs and glitches, just get those servers up and keep them up.

If you want to do maintenance so bad, install a backup server.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-14-2010, 12:08 PM
I firmly believe they should have delayed launch, these same problems were around and known before headstart and got worse during headstart....

They said they were getting new hardware to resolve it but apparently it was either a ruse or never materialized
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
The thread title says it all.

No excuse.
You do understand that "maintenence" is Cryptic's euphamism for "crash" right?
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurytheOriginal
I firmly believe they should have delayed launch, these same problems were around and known before headstart and got worse during headstart....

They said they were getting new hardware to resolve it but apparently it was either a ruse or never materialized
Yah they been saying THAT since the OB's first weekend
Trust = gone
Lt. Commander
# 27
Yes, There is no excuse for that either.

This is war man!
Lt. Commander
# 28 Freelancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondorae View Post
ah you must of been the daft **** telling every one they had to leave the instance you were in to make room for your members.....
Thats right, as an officer in SFS it is our jobs to make sure Fleet member have what they need if you where in our fleet we would do the same for you. Its only fair that we as a fleet get to play together. I respect that you want play time but does it really hurt you to change instance and let the fleet have its fun? Or are you the type that says if I cant do it then no one can?
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosmith View Post
All these people crying about an mmo being out a week are entertaining. STO must be their fist mmo or something.

If the early release kinks bother you so much, you really should cancel for a couple months. This is normal and is going to go on for awhile.
I hate idiot posts like yours. It really is such a stupid thing you are saying.

Your defending a company thats happy to sell its game but not offer the service it;s allready charged you for.
If the game wasnt ready to launch it shouldnt have launched. Dont take my money but not deliver the goods!

Whilst some of you may well be aware that this is what happens when you join an mmo at launch, there people out there who havnt played MMOs before.

If the box / package sells for 40 (which it is on steam over here in Europe), which consists of the game and 30 days play time then the customer should get 30 days play time. I'm not intrested in "other MMOs" I'm intrested in playing the one I've paid for!
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-14-2010, 12:12 PM
I dont wanna hear it anymore. I bought a product (or at least the right to use it), paid a lot for it (lifetime+VAT), and its not delivered. Partly doesnt count.
That its just in the beginning stage is no excuse, people always tell that other MMOs had same or more problems... So, why havent they learned from that?
I am a retailer, and if I would sell something that doesnt work 100% from day 1, I had to take it back and refund the money. My business would be dead if it would work "as good" as STO is right now. And it always, ALWAYS during EU prime times.
So, why dont you take the large amount of money I paid, you paid, WE ALL PAID,from the many boxes you sold, the lifetime and 1-year-subs and the preorders, and buy some more hardware and/or, if necessary, people that know how to get it work.

Scheduled maintanance is absolutely ok, even once a day in the first weeks, IF I know when. 3 times down on one day is just bad work. Basta.

And dont tell me to calm down, or would you buy a, lets say, iPhone, on which only half the apps work? No. You wouldnt let me tell you to calm down, you would want another one which is working. So am I.
And no, I wont go away, I love the game, and content-wise, I say they did a very good job for now.

Now its you turn, flame on!