Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2010, 03:03 PM
I agree that cloak gives us advatage, but their counter is the balanced ship weapons and ability to strike damage with beam arrays en masse. Stronger shields/hull... I call it a wash. I like the fed science ships as much as I like the BoP...

And Dalnar, I agree I talk about this issue a lot. It is a bigger issue then op skills. I don't think Klingons are elite while Feds are stupid... I just know that Klingons have to learn pvp tactics to get to your favorite part of game (endgame), while Feds don't... As a whole. This sets them back. All the posts I see from you go like this: "stop complaining, no honor in complaining, I'm going fed for this reason even though complaining is on both sides... I hate people that sound elitist and I think they are stupid"

how is that constructive? At least I'm pointing to problems in a game... You are pointing at problems you have with people.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
I agree that cloak gives us advatage, but their counter is the balanced ship weapons and ability to strike damage with beam arrays en masse. Stronger shields/hull... I call it a wash. I like the fed science ships as much as I like the BoP...

And Dalnar, I agree I talk about this issue a lot. It is a bigger issue then op skills. I don't think Klingons are elite while Feds are stupid... I just know that Klingons have to learn pvp tactics to get to your favorite part of game (endgame), while Feds don't... As a whole. This sets them back. All the posts I see from you go like this: "stop complaining, no honor in complaining, I'm going fed for this reason even though complaining is on both sides... I hate people that sound elitist and I think they are stupid"

how is that constructive? At least I'm pointing to problems in a game... You are pointing at problems you have with people.
considering how much more damage cannons do than beams? and in higher tiers more hull doesnt mean much considering the damage
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2010, 03:10 PM
But you arent pointing out problems from game, but problems in people. Game is mostly fine (balance wise) except some stuff wich could use a little tweak. Im beeing constructive on constructive posts. On some im just moaning about moaners.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:

urm - you missed the point - cloak GIVES you the time to talk tactics - i said nothing about counters or the like. i was stating the while hiding - you all can gear up right, pick a target, pick duties, etc....WHILE CLOAKED...feds do not have this ability to get situated since we cant hide from you...
im not talking washed or highr shields/hull - im talking how you dictate time frames andare able to hide while doing so - feds cannot "cloak" or hide once in the arena...better understand now?

this canbe fixed by giving both sides a staging area that will be filled with players until max is reaced - once the max is reached, a two minute timer is started for tacticss and team bulding - once that ends - game on....
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
considering how much more damage cannons do than beams? and in higher tiers more hull doesnt mean much considering the damage
Cannons do more damage opprtunistically. The key is to limit those opportunities.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Are you even teaming up?
As of late? No. Why bother? Since apparently Starfleet academy neglects to teach cadets basic concepts like "stick together" or "how to use the mini-map" I don't need a team to lose; I can lose just as efficiently while playing solo.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Well...

If you team up, you may win (however unlikely you may think that to be).

If you don't, you will most certainly lose every time.

Start with your attitude...though if you've already thrown the towel in then I'm not sure why you're still talking about competing...
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-14-2010, 04:40 PM
lets see when grinding my kligon to t5 with premade(silly people who dont use premades should expect to loose)

i think i encountered a total of 5 premade teeams the eniter way some times i saw them more then once true but 25 people using premades vs the 100s that got slaughtered

leveling my fed also using premades id say i ran into premades every 5 games or so

the moral is feds like to pug or solo alot more than work as a team but when they do as i did in my premades they will annihilate pugs and have verry good games with kligon premades
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Absolutely, I remember beta premade fed groups were like goliaths in arenas.... They dropped the ball... The fed ball that is... Pre release forums on this area was filled with cries for help in figuring out how to prevent or destroy the fed ball.... Once both sides flip (Feds jump to Klingon and Klingon jumps to Feds) these forums will go right back to the truth.... Nothing trumps a well made fedball!
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-14-2010, 07:51 PM
i am not a kling so i dont know what i am talking about but i am guessing from the PvP i have done that the cloak dont drain power just lowers sheilds some or all the way (hard to tell since when i see a cloaked ship it looks like the sheilds are still up) anyway cloak uses lots of power thats why you cant fire wep's and you dont have sheilds (if you done have them) and there shude be a power drain. cloak shude work like full impulse and reverse speed a power drain and a slow recovery afterwords so if your cloaked to long then when you decloak you be in a state that will take a few sec's to recover from ... cloak was ment to be entered right befor combat ...jump out and hit and run ...for big ships it's just to get the 1st jump on us .... also there shude a small delay between decloak and sheilds up if you look at all the movies/shows there is afew sec's that it take the power to recover and get to the sheilds

yea i know the trolls are going to flame me but i dont care i was hoping for so much more out of this game ... a game i was waiting for ...for over 7 years think i heared them working on this back when SWG came out .... oh well maybe part 2 will be good