Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-14-2010, 06:53 PM
the issue with cloak is that for the most part it gives klinks an advantage in an area that Fed's can't even touch. Notice I said for the most part, I've seen feds work around it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-14-2010, 07:04 PM
cloak is ez to deal with if you have a competent sci ship
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Fan_101 View Post
As of late? No. Why bother? Since apparently Starfleet academy neglects to teach cadets basic concepts like "stick together" or "how to use the mini-map" I don't need a team to lose; I can lose just as efficiently while playing solo.
I consider a Groupd Crucial for PvP. Even more for feds.

on miminmap you do not see youre teammates when they are more than 30k away. Same for ingame. But when you are in Group you still see them. So how a group is needed to stik together after the first fedball is blown up.

I agree with op. Most disadvantages feds have come from inexpirienced players. 90& off tha klings have done nothing other than PvP until the current tier (e.g. T3) so every klingon has much PvP expirience in higher tiers. On fed side you still have PvP newbs at T2 and higher.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leolook View Post
i am not a kling so i dont know what i am talking about but i am guessing from the PvP i have done that the cloak dont drain power just lowers sheilds some or all the way (hard to tell since when i see a cloaked ship it looks like the sheilds are still up) anyway cloak uses lots of power thats why you cant fire wep's and you dont have sheilds (if you done have them) and there shude be a power drain. cloak shude work like full impulse and reverse speed a power drain and a slow recovery afterwords so if your cloaked to long then when you decloak you be in a state that will take a few sec's to recover from ... cloak was ment to be entered right befor combat ...jump out and hit and run ...for big ships it's just to get the 1st jump on us .... also there shude a small delay between decloak and sheilds up if you look at all the movies/shows there is afew sec's that it take the power to recover and get to the sheilds

yea i know the trolls are going to flame me but i dont care i was hoping for so much more out of this game ... a game i was waiting for ...for over 7 years think i heared them working on this back when SWG came out .... oh well maybe part 2 will be good
You shouldn't have to face trolls or flames when your stating your not sure what your talking about. At this point cloaking robs you of your shields. Any damage you take goes directly to your hull. You are still at full power. If in combat in Bird of Prey only, you can battle cloak, but it takes timing and tactics to pull off usually.

A) it does not clear you as a target for about 5 seconds. But it instantly takes down your shields. So if not executed right, then you will surely die.

B) it requires a healthy crew to accomplish full cloak, so you have to be pretty far away if injured to not be seen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-14-2010, 08:15 PM
deleted
.

.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
I think you have a flawled logic of, all FED sucks in pvp and all klingons are pvp geniuses...it doesnt work that way. The fact is, that most people, who like pvp on FED side, do not suck. SO..please, so noone can blame you for elitist e-peen thread..try to avoid unneeded generalisation.

Beside, threads like this are as much anoying as threads called "kllinks are overpowered because blablab", "nerf cloak blabla" etc.

But if it does make you feel better, creating a dozen threads basicaly about same subject....
He didn't say that, he merely stated that on the whole communication is more plentiful klingon side.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
He didn't say that, he merely stated that on the whole communication is more plentiful klingon side.
But he isnt playing T5 yet, i have been maybe in 2 PUGs so far, where people didnt want to group up (for some reason had blocked grouping request). I have lost more matches because of borked quelle system, to lack of grouping.
The issue he is talking about is dominant in T1-T2, it drops rather rapidly in T3 and T4, and is almost non-existant in T5.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
He didn't say that, he merely stated that on the whole communication is more plentiful klingon side.
depends on the group composition, I for one get into alot of good synergetic groups at tier 5. I see where your point though, as there are only a handful of people thatI trust to support/focus fire/etc with me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-15-2010, 02:02 AM
I'm almost T5 but honestly thinking the game won't keep my attention much longer. And I don't really want to loose my time for a year or so for the devs to fix the core game mechanics. Your right, more teamwork shows itself in T3 and T4, however on Klingon side your dealing with more ego and burnout from overdose on pvp. Teamwork and communication are key... Yet the system begs for ventrillo yet I like many others just don't want to be that hardcore, and the user interface in space is ghetto and not well planned out.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:45 AM.