Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Independence for all Romulans!
07-21-2014, 05:39 PM
This is as much a request as well as a well deserved right for all Romulan faction players.

We have been forced to choose an ally being either Fed or KDF. This may have been the easier option to get the Romulans into STO - and I am appreciative that Romulans became playable at all. For me, it doesn't fit well having Romulans fighting against each of the allies from within them and really against each other (with exception to the Tal Shiar). We do not need to lose loyal Republicans to the Feds & KDF's tiffs.

Now that the Federation & Klingon Empire have patched up relations in the "New Accord", it is time to stand on our own two feet.

Therefore, I propose that all loyal Republicans return to their new home planet, and that the Romulan/ Reman's become a full faction on their own. We now have the ships we need to defend the republic, we are also in good steed with both the Feds & KDF. Why can we not stand as one full faction now. The episode before the "New Accord" saw the Republic, Feds, & KDF arguing against each other to stake their own claim on the Dyson Sphere. This is also evidence enough that the Republic feels strong enough now to stand on it's own two feet.

Please allow us independence! Or do we need a Boston Raktajino Party?!!

* please also give us Garidians & our own Fleet Starbase.
Lower your shields and prepare to boarded!
Republic Veteran
# 2
07-21-2014, 06:00 PM
One simple little phrase ... Red vs Blue ...

This is Cryptic s, woefully outdated, mantra ... The don't believe a Red vs Blue vs Green can work.

You also must remember that for a new single player, the war isn't over, it only ends now when you reach ~ lvl 50, so short of rewriting every mission in STO, it's difficult to implement.

As far as new Romulan Assets go ... They haven't shown any interest in adding Romulan specific Fleet holdings or assets, so unless Expansion 2 is going to be called the RoR *Resurrection of Romulus) I can't see it happening.

As much as I, amongst many, many others would like it ...
Please ... Make it so ...!
Captain
# 3
07-21-2014, 06:36 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 08-15-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Captain
# 4
07-22-2014, 08:32 AM
Giving up all those goodies you get from choosing an ally? Free consoles, fully built starbases and co...

Nah, I can really go without Independence for that
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Career Officer
# 5
07-22-2014, 09:19 AM
My alliance doesn't affect my Romulan experience in any way. How would it affect yours?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://youtu.be/VrJiU9BOEBI?t=53
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
07-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Sorry to say cant see it happening i love the rom story only missions and would like more. Bit rom only bases i cant see them building because they moved on to changing stufg thats not broken.
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Captain
# 7
07-22-2014, 10:47 AM
I would like the option to ditch the faction choice. In exchange for not choosing a side, the player would be able to aquire Fleet refits WITHOUT joining a fleet. Free consoles in exchange for automatic Fleet refits (at the cost of fleet modules and not fleet credits)? That seems a fair trade.
Career Officer
# 8
07-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
I would like the option to ditch the faction choice. In exchange for not choosing a side, the player would be able to aquire Fleet refits WITHOUT joining a fleet. Free consoles in exchange for automatic Fleet refits (at the cost of fleet modules and not fleet credits)? That seems a fair trade.
This actually makes sense to a degree.

When you choose whose shackles you will wear. All you are doing is deciding who you will slave for but never be part of. If you gave a third option there of joining neither side what missions change? What mission is exclusively for kdf/roms? Fed/roms? None you follow the same mission arc with barely a sentence changed to show your alliegance.
So choose neither. You get no Fed or kdf ships & consoles. But you are republic only.
You get to form your own fleets. Build them yourselves and reap the benefits for you.
Not work for them so they can have the fruits of your labours while sneering at you that you are not a Klingon or not federation.
For the Omega rep give the republican raptors. Our own unique set of omega gear. For the rest there is no need for a change since they are not faction styled.
Give us this and I would delete my fed/roms and kdf/roms for a true romulan legacy.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
Network engineers are not ship designers.
Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
Captain
# 9
07-22-2014, 01:39 PM
This again?
Rihannsu
# 10
07-22-2014, 02:47 PM
You know it shall never happen...

In-game handle @Janetza