Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,300
# 11
07-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
This again?
Why yes this again. The lack of a FLEET uniform is a latest example of how being joined at the hip to another faction is pointless.
The storylines do not diverge only what optional costume you get to wear. And you did not even get the pictured Fed-rom skirt.

There are short comings, and till they are addressed this will keep coming up. My suggestion for the third option would be the least amount of rework and please a good portion of the fans.


@taut0u,
I wish to say, never say never. Two years ago they said the kdf will never start at level 1. There will never be a romulan faction. Never is a simple dismissive statement that can and has been proven wrong.
I will keep trying to put forward suggestions and positive reinforcement of ideas that can make people happy and improve a good game. The Devs work hard, they give a good product but sometimes can miss for some of their playerbase. These never happen ideas may be what is needed as a suggestion so never becomes 'eventually'.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,396
# 12
07-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
This again?
We needed something with a "Romulan Flavour" added to the dead horse thread ...
Please ... Make it so ...!
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,405
# 13
07-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendalek View Post
We needed something with a "Romulan Flavour" added to the dead horse thread ...
We already do. The mods specifically banned 'Tovan Khev' threads already.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,305
# 14
07-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
I would like the option to ditch the faction choice. In exchange for not choosing a side, the player would be able to aquire Fleet refits WITHOUT joining a fleet. Free consoles in exchange for automatic Fleet refits (at the cost of fleet modules and not fleet credits)? That seems a fair trade.
Surely you jest.

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) Praetor of the Tal'Diann/Tal-Diann
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal-Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,496
# 15
07-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
Surely you jest.
I am not. In exchange for not being able to join a fleet or have "allied faction perks" (whatever those are besides the c-store consoles is beyond me) the Republic/Empire characters would have immediate access to Fleet Refits on attaining level cap. The only cost would be in fleet modules. True, players would also loose access to fleet gear, but that is something I am willing to accept.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 873
# 16
07-22-2014, 07:37 PM
I'd give up allied ships and consoles to move my romulan to a full Romulan Faction.

It is not that hard to max out a starbase and holdings when you have a massive fleet, and I'm assuming that there would be a fair few massive romulan fleets.

Planetside 2 runs a three faction system - War on three fronts, so much moire fun compared to war on one front.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,305
# 17
07-23-2014, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
I'd give up allied ships and consoles to move my romulan to a full Romulan Faction.

It is not that hard to max out a starbase and holdings when you have a massive fleet, and I'm assuming that there would be a fair few massive romulan fleets.

Planetside 2 runs a three faction system - War on three fronts, so much moire fun compared to war on one front.
I would not. Nor do I think that ending the alliances is necessary for full faction status. I think what should be done is make UFP, KDF, and RRF into independent factions, and let persons of any species choose their own allegiance between the three. Naturally, ships and gear already obtained would remain, but KHG might take on a more Romulan look in an RRF faction, as might the Aegis set, and various other nifty goodies. I will keep my Koro't'inga Retrofit skinned as a Romulan D7, thank you, unless I can trade it for a T5 V-11 Stormbird with the Raptor on the bottom.

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) Praetor of the Tal'Diann/Tal-Diann
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal-Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet

Last edited by protogoth; 07-23-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,016
# 18
07-23-2014, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
My alliance doesn't affect my Romulan experience in any way. How would it affect yours?
Here's the thing about playing as a romulan. Sure, you get unique ships and abilities, and even your own storyline for a time. The key phrase here is 'for a time'. Basically, after you select a side to join, you start playing through missions you've already played through as a fed or Klingon. That's insanely boring. At the same time, you gain access to most of your factions ships and equipment, but the other factions have no access to romulan ships. And as if that isnt bad enough, romulan boffs will not join or train officers and crews of the other factions. So it seems to me that they should indeed just be their own faction.

While I was happy to have the chance to captain one of the coolest ships in Star Trek (the D'Deridex), I ultimately ended up deleting my romulan character before I even finished it. I had played through the missions 3 previous times, and had no desire to do it yet again. If the romulan faction was a completely separate one, like the current story suggests, then there would be entirely new missions and new surprises.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,027
# 19
07-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghyudt View Post
Here's the thing about playing as a romulan. Sure, you get unique ships and abilities, and even your own storyline for a time. The key phrase here is 'for a time'. Basically, after you select a side to join, you start playing through missions you've already played through as a fed or Klingon. That's insanely boring. At the same time, you gain access to most of your factions ships and equipment, but the other factions have no access to romulan ships. And as if that isnt bad enough, romulan boffs will not join or train officers and crews of the other factions. So it seems to me that they should indeed just be their own faction.

While I was happy to have the chance to captain one of the coolest ships in Star Trek (the D'Deridex), I ultimately ended up deleting my romulan character before I even finished it. I had played through the missions 3 previous times, and had no desire to do it yet again. If the romulan faction was a completely separate one, like the current story suggests, then there would be entirely new missions and new surprises.
Well, yeah, some of those missions are part of the overall STO storyline - especially the FE's. Even the Romulans would be affected by a few of those... and btw, it's after the halfway mark, not directly after choosing a side.

Besides, the attachment literally does not matter storywise; D'Tan specifically states that no matter where we go, what we choose, we are Romulans. Plus, the Romulan people + empire aren't what they used to be, no two ways about it, and they need support. That's good enough for me imo

Would I be against a full Romulan-only experience? No; I simply see nothing wrong with the current arrangement, because it makes sense on a number of levels (especially as a starting point)
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,405
# 20
07-23-2014, 11:50 AM
I'd gladly trade all of the 'allegiance' perks for a full, well-developed faction (or at least as well-developed as the KDF). IMHO the 'perks' aren't fair for either the Republic or their allies. Republic players get to see their faction padded out with KDF and Federation content in lieu of actual Romulan content. Meanwhile KDF and Federation players get to see the Republic get almost all of their toys with virtually no tradeoff content-wise: as a republic player you get access to all of your allied consoles, doffs, boffs, duty officer missions, and almost all of their ships, while the KDF/Federation don't get the reverse luxury.

As is, the Republic acts more as a 'Deluxe' Federation/KDF faction than an actual Romulan faction IMO. We get most of the KDF/Fed content and a little more, to a 'net positive' over what pure KDF/Fed players get-but have less 'Romulan' content than there is Federation/KDF content (Romulan content padded out with KDF and Fed content)

Not even going near the issue of the storyline converging (which is sadly the direction the Fed and KDF episodes have been going for some time as well)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:14 PM.