Republic Veteran
# 61
08-07-2014, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsloss88 View Post
No one is playing KDF anymore,
Based on what data? Do you have access to Cryptic's player base? Can you provide a link to the document listing the ratio of Fed/KDF/Rom characters active in the game please?
Quote:
so lets just let KDF become Romulan Star Empire. We will take in the handful of Klingons and Nausicans lost out in the galaxy.
Nooo spank you!

I'm happy being a Romulan thanks, and I do not need to have all those Klingons running around the command center ... They let their Targs poop anywhere ya know ...
Please ... Make it so ...!
Survivor of Romulus
# 62
08-09-2014, 01:12 AM
Interesting debate given by both sides for and against romulan independence. While I quite enjoy playing a romulan character. I honestly doubt we will see a seperate faction become a reality. ***Caveat*** If a 4th playable faction is introduced like say ohh I dunno the Cardassians as an example. then cryptic could have a balanced and golden oppertunity to have a 4 way faction set up. Something like feds vs kdf , an rom vs. new guy faction. But given that the sub faction the romulans really are. Let's face it any new faction brought in to be playable... is going to go down the same road romulans have.

Would I love to see romulans have there own fleets not tied to fed / kdf ? Sure I would. Would I love to see Rommies have a faction exclusive Elite fleet plasma weapon set ? Maybe... but for me when I think of "elite fleet plasma " I just look at the new romulas Rep and rom plasma. To me that is our elite fleet plasma, just stinks that all factions can have access to it. But it is what it is people. I've had no complaints flying around in my warbirds. I like the enjoyment of flying them. So I don't mind shelling out whenever we get a new warbird. Except for the Scimitars as they take all the fun out of things making content extremely trivial.
Lt. Commander
# 63
08-09-2014, 06:21 AM
I understand that many people would like to rescue Romulos, but to be honest, I never was a friend of all that back and forward-jumping which is so often used in Star Trek. For my taste it happens a bit too often and the consequences are too different.
I would rather be for creating the present and the future than changing the past - but true independence would be I think I could fully support. Mainly if that mean that the Republic becomes less the good guys they are more or less now, setting a focus on rallying ALL Romulan people - with a Senate made out of members of the old families, but also off new men and women who earn honour by fighting not only for the Republic, but also members of the Imperial Administration, the Navy and even the Tal Shiar which had done well in defending their small part of the former Empire when the Empire collapsed. Remans and perhaps in the future even other rare members of other species may be also integrated, in the last case perhaps not as full members...
A complicated neutrality towards the Klingons and the Federation (perhaps a cooperation in some limited areas) with a (or more than one) neutral zone, and a set of allied smaller nations, who were convinced, tricked or even forced to accept the Senate and People of Romulos as their superiors. The Republic as a force which is strong enough that the Federation or Klingons could not easily defeat them because they must fear that than the Romulans would ally with the rival faction. The Republic would be not a major player, but more or less independent - and should have own assignments etc.
Commander
# 64
08-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romulanforces View Post
This is as much a request as well as a well deserved right for all Romulan faction players.

We have been forced to choose an ally being either Fed or KDF. This may have been the easier option to get the Romulans into STO - and I am appreciative that Romulans became playable at all. For me, it doesn't fit well having Romulans fighting against each of the allies from within them and really against each other (with exception to the Tal Shiar). We do not need to lose loyal Republicans to the Feds & KDF's tiffs.

Now that the Federation & Klingon Empire have patched up relations in the "New Accord", it is time to stand on our own two feet.

Therefore, I propose that all loyal Republicans return to their new home planet, and that the Romulan/ Reman's become a full faction on their own. We now have the ships we need to defend the republic, we are also in good steed with both the Feds & KDF. Why can we not stand as one full faction now. The episode before the "New Accord" saw the Republic, Feds, & KDF arguing against each other to stake their own claim on the Dyson Sphere. This is also evidence enough that the Republic feels strong enough now to stand on it's own two feet.

Please allow us independence! Or do we need a Boston Raktajino Party?!!

* please also give us Garidians & our own Fleet Starbase.
As much as I enjoy the idea of Romulans being on their own. I say no way in a big way. I have 3 Romulan characters and they are all allied Fed. That being said my Romulan has access to a T4 Starbase, T2 Spire, T3 Dilithium Mine and T3 Embassy. No way on earth would I give that up with my 3 toons just to be independent.

No disrespect to the OP on this but it is a bad idea please don't beg for it.
Vice Admiral
Jeffry L. Caler
Commanding Officer
USS Thomas E. Paris
Commander
# 65
08-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Quote:
No one is playing KDF anymore, so lets just let KDF become Romulan Star Empire. We will take in the handful of Klingons and Nausicans lost out in the galaxy.
Oh gods no... can you imagine the SMELL?! Itd seep into the bulkheads and youd never get it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2485 View Post
As much as I enjoy the idea of Romulans being on their own. I say no way in a big way. I have 3 Romulan characters and they are all allied Fed. That being said my Romulan has access to a T4 Starbase, T2 Spire, T3 Dilithium Mine and T3 Embassy. No way on earth would I give that up with my 3 toons just to be independent.

That is you, I'd happily leave the fleets my Roms are in to build a pure Rom one up from the ground up and those fleets are both nearly maxxed out on all projects.
Republic Veteran
# 66
08-09-2014, 04:14 PM
We'll never see the end of the Romklink/Romfeddiebear "alignment' option I don't think, as Cryptic still believe that he game can only work as (in their own words, paraphrased) "Red vs Blue only, Green don't fit".

However I'll echo the postee above ... I would happily start all over again with a new Fleet, if it meant I could create a Romulan/Reman one. Yes, I've pent considerable resources on 3 different Fleets to help build them up, both Fed and KDF side, but that's juts part of the game ... What eslse are you going to do with all the resources anyway?

I just want to be recognized as a Romulan. * I don't want "For the Empire!" on my screen when I do a Tholian RA or a Borg RA) I want a few, just a few, Fleet Uniforms. I want just the basic amenities that Klinks and Feds take for granted, like security officers, DoFF grinders, and BoFF recruitment. I want Romulan Ship Bridges.

I WANT TEAL AND PURPLE COLOR PALLETS OPTIONS!

I want my own Romulan Fleet Starbase!

Gawd, the assets are already in game for Spocks sake! We run around in Romulan Starbases, we run around in Romulan building. We run around in Romulan cities, we run around in Romulan ships! ... Arrgghhhh ...
Please ... Make it so ...!

Last edited by bendalek; 08-09-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 67
08-14-2014, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2485 View Post

I don't see why independence would necessitate dismantling the alliance system. A sovereign polity may have alliances with other sovereign polities.

I say give us the three factions, and let fleet leaders decide which faction their fleet is in; if they choose Romulan, then give them the option of Fed-allied, Klingon-allied, or stand-alone. I have a level 9 fleet. It is allied with the Klingon Empire, but it is a fleet of the New Romulan Republic. I see no reason to give that up and start over building that again, and will vehemently oppose the idea. But that doesn't mean that we can't have an independent faction.

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Praetor of the Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
Captain
# 68
08-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
I don't see why independence would necessitate dismantling the alliance system. A sovereign polity may have alliances with other sovereign polities.

I say give us the three factions, and let fleet leaders decide which faction their fleet is in; if they choose Romulan, then give them the option of Fed-allied, Klingon-allied, or stand-alone. I have a level 9 fleet. It is allied with the Klingon Empire, but it is a fleet of the New Romulan Republic. I see no reason to give that up and start over building that again, and will vehemently oppose the idea. But that doesn't mean that we can't have an independent faction.
I think the problem is that the alliance system works one-way in terms of benefits. If/When the Republic has enough assets to be considered a full faction, we'll have access to Boffs, Doffs, ships, consoles etc of our allies, who get nothing in return, which would deepen the sense of Republic characters as 'Premium' KDF, Federation characters. If we are going to be a full faction IMO, we need to either drop our KDF/Federation benefits, or give FED/KDF characters some way of allying with either the Republic, or the Federation/KDF (whichever is applicable)

We should definitely have some way of converting existing KDF/Republic fleets into Republic fleets though.
Lieutenant
# 69
08-15-2014, 11:06 AM
You know, this kind of Threads are getting old.

It's no gonna happend, specially the Refugee/Endangered Species setting cryptic made for the Romies.
Career Officer
# 70
08-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firelordzx5 View Post
You know, this kind of Threads are getting old.

It's no gonna happend, specially the Refugee/Endangered Species setting cryptic made for the Romies.
Again, it was said that there would never be a romulan faction. Now there is. Continued interest promotes interest in making and growing the things we desire.

The recommendation of a third path for RR captains means we stick to the no villians creed, and allows the least amount of work to be put in to encourage the fans for this faction.