Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Hopefully some good will come out of this fiasco. The sloppy, shoddy, laughable performance of Craptricks...Sorry couldnt resist. In all seriousness, I hope that Bioware, when they release TOR will take note of the problems Cryptic have encountered and prepare for a surge of players. I say all this because clearly unless Cryptic get their act together this game is doomed and I shall be playing TOR. In fact, if TOR was available today I would have cancelled my subscription to STO. I played Warhammer for the first few months and found no server issues, which was astonishingly good. I was thinking Cryptic with thier experience would do a good job. So Bioware make a good first impression. I have no hope for Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-14-2010, 12:52 PM
I am sure they will have thier own set of issues and thier forums will be swimming in nerdrage as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Bioware already took the most important tip, don't try to build an MMO from the ground up in less than 2 years.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temtavia View Post
Hopefully some good will come out of this fiasco. The sloppy, shoddy, laughable performance of Craptricks...Sorry couldnt resist. In all seriousness, I hope that Bioware, when they release TOR will take note of the problems Cryptic have encountered and prepare for a surge of players. I say all this because clearly unless Cryptic get their act together this game is doomed and I shall be playing TOR. In fact, if TOR was available today I would have cancelled my subscription to STO. I played Warhammer for the first few months and found no server issues, which was astonishingly good. I was thinking Cryptic with thier experience would do a good job. So Bioware make a good first impression. I have no hope for Cryptic.
Oh so EA has a stellar track record with MMOs do they?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akikisaragi
Oh so EA has a stellar track record with MMOs do they?
WAR actually had an outstanding launch. While there were login queue issues, the servers suffered none of this constantly exploding, up and down nonsense that we are getting saddled with. In fact, it was probably the best launch I have been a part of. Shame the game itself turned out so poorly but hey, it had a good launch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akikisaragi
Oh so EA has a stellar track record with MMOs do they?
I am willing to bet Warhammer still has more active subs than any of Cryptic's previous games.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akikisaragi
Oh so EA has a stellar track record with MMOs do they?
Yep, the dirty little secret behind ToR is that its being brought to you by the same people that gave us Warhammer Online.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seljek View Post
I am willing to bet Warhammer still has more active subs than any of Cryptic's previous games.
Not likely. When I left there was easily less than 100,000k. Maybe more like 30-50K.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Muhahahahaha.... I cannot wait to see how many times SWTOR crashes when it releases.

If the game servers are offline, go out and get some sun for an hour and come back and check it. You remember... the sun?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salexander
Not likely. When I left there was easily less than 100,000k. Maybe more like 30-50K.
And how many does any of Cryptic's game have?

And also, 100,000k is 100 million... WoW never had a 10th of that.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:58 AM.