Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
02-15-2010, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alreya
These threads are so funny.

TOR is going to be a massive fail. It's a EA MMO. Warhammer, anyone? C'mon. BioWare is a SP game maker. All the diologue trees in the world won't make it an MMO. Their game design is like an instanced version of their SP games with some MP areas. Not an MMO.

But they have enough lemmings from their existing SP offerings to give them an initial boost. Pfft. Fanboi disaster zone, really.
Hehe, epic, thanks for the laugh.

Quote:
Their game design is like an instanced version of their SP games with some MP areas. Not an MMO.
Quote:
But they have enough lemmings from their existing SP offerings to give them an initial boost. Pfft. Fanboi disaster zone, really.
So what other MMO we know could this apply... hmmmm

Well fair enough, Cryptic doesn't have "lemmings" from any previous SP's, but we can use the lemmings of the IP and people who got sucked in by the hype and bought a lifetime there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
02-15-2010, 03:47 AM
I am going to go on a limb and say that ToR will be a smoother launcher than most simply because Bioware is working on it. They are closer to perfection and quality than any other game developer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
02-15-2010, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temtavia View Post
Hopefully some good will come out of this fiasco. The sloppy, shoddy, laughable performance of Craptricks...Sorry couldnt resist. In all seriousness, I hope that Bioware, when they release TOR will take note of the problems Cryptic have encountered and prepare for a surge of players. I say all this because clearly unless Cryptic get their act together this game is doomed and I shall be playing TOR. In fact, if TOR was available today I would have cancelled my subscription to STO. I played Warhammer for the first few months and found no server issues, which was astonishingly good. I was thinking Cryptic with thier experience would do a good job. So Bioware make a good first impression. I have no hope for Cryptic.
I have full confidence in Bioware as I've played most of their games and have still never played a bad Bioware game. They are my favorite devs. So I hope they just close their eyes for the rest of the MMO industry and go their own way.

Remember STO was developed over just 1.5 years, first pepetrual games (or whats their name) was screwing around for almost 4 years before they lost the rights to develop the game. Cryptic was hired and rushed the game out in just 1.5 years of development.
SW:Tor will have been in development for 6 years at release.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
02-15-2010, 03:51 AM
STO killed the new Star Wars MMO...











Because everyone at Bioware died laughing at how horrible this game was, now there's no one left alive to develop it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
02-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoMatrixLT View Post
Cryptic DIDN'T build STO from the "ground up" in two years:

"In January 2008, Perpetual filed Bankruptcy and liquidated their assets. Almost immediately following the collapse of Perpetual, the IP and all of PEs work was obtained by Cryptic Studios. Utilizing the Cryptic Superhero engine, development progressed very swiftly. And by Auguest of 2008, in-game footage was available & revealed at the Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas"

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/?p=1504

This IP has been in development since February 2000. Hence, there is no leason here for Bioware to learn, since STO has had developers working on it (in one form or another) since 2004... that's more like SIX years! Try researching prior to posting.
You should go research a bit more yourself. Go lookup what Perpetual actually created when Cryptic picked it up.

It's 2 years, not 6years. Be happy about that, because if this is the end result of 6 years of work... daaaaamnn.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
02-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieMan View Post
I am going to go on a limb and say that ToR will be a smoother launcher than most simply because Bioware is working on it. They are closer to perfection and quality than any other game developer.

Yea... no. Look at blizzard. The same was said abotu them, and look how wow started. The ONLY reason people stuck around is because there were zero good mmo's out at the time, so players decided to stick around. The vast majority of players in WoW came because they saw the effects of viral marketing. Meaning blizzard advertise the game in every paart of society. Mountain dew, pizza amongst other things. The vast amount of players are extremely casual which helps to bump subs up, since most keep their accounts active, but very rarely log in.


SWTOR is built on a semi guild wars design. They have free roam area's, but the main content is instanced away, and the gameplay currently, is very VERY bad.

Remember, Bioware may have the idea for the game and develop the storyline etc, but they are clueless when it comes to gameplay and mechanics. Thats why they have to contract other companies to build the base of their engines, just as they did for the ME series.

Bioware make really REALLY good storylines, but when it comes to actually designing the game and creating fun mechanics, theyre terrible at it.


One thing i will say is this. Too many clueless idiots are hyping swtor up to be something special and unique. Theyre trying to say it's a sandbox mmo, and soemthign to replace swg. These people havent even been in closed beta, and are hyping the game up way too much. THAT is what will be its downfall. Just like this game.

Cryptic, all though the development iof STO said how the game will be run and developed. Players ignored them, and went to sites liek mmorpg.com and hyped the game out of all proportion, to the point where players were expecting a massive free roam simulation. Again, the same is happening to swtor. It wont die due to the IP it has, but it certainly wont be a major success.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
02-15-2010, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Yea... no. Look at blizzard. The same was said abotu them, and look wehre it got them.

SWTOR is built on a semi guild wars design. They have free roam area's, but the main content is instanced away, and the gameplay currently, is very VERY bad.

Remember, Bioware may have the idea for the game and develop the storyline etc, but they are clueless when it comes to gameplay and mechanics. Thats why they have to contract other companies to build the base of their engines, just as they did for the ME series.

Bioware make really REALLY good storylines, but when it comes to actually designing the game and creating fun mechanics, theyre terrible at it.
Their brilliant success suggests otherwise.

And bashing WoW or Blizzard is pretty lame. If it/they were so terrible they wouldn't have the subscriber base that is probably greater than every other MMO combined, many times over. And they wouldn't be making obscene amounts of money.

Oh, and TOR has bad gameplay? I guess you've got the inside scoop eh? Fraps us some of that terrible gameplay Mr. Inside Man!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 108
02-15-2010, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Yea... no. Look at blizzard. The same was said abotu them, and look wehre it got them.

SWTOR is built on a semi guild wars design. They have free roam area's, but the main content is instanced away, and the gameplay currently, is very VERY bad.

Remember, Bioware may have the idea for the game and develop the storyline etc, but they are clueless when it comes to gameplay and mechanics. Thats why they have to contract other companies to build the base of their engines, just as they did for the ME series.

Bioware make really REALLY good storylines, but when it comes to actually designing the game and creating fun mechanics, theyre terrible at it.
man...so much bullcrap in just one post ...

first off, how can you tell the gameplay currently is very VERY bad when nobody outside bioware has had a chance to actually play it ?

and when you say bioware is clueless about gameplay and mechanics i wonder if your not better off playing hello kitty or something....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109
02-15-2010, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alreya
These threads are so funny.

TOR is going to be a massive fail. It's a EA MMO. Warhammer, anyone? C'mon. BioWare is a SP game maker. All the diologue trees in the world won't make it an MMO. Their game design is like an instanced version of their SP games with some MP areas. Not an MMO.

But they have enough lemmings from their existing SP offerings to give them an initial boost. Pfft. Fanboi disaster zone, really.
The developers has lots of MMO experience. They "stole" lots of employees from other MMO companies. Many from SOE (god help us, lol) They got Rich Vogel who was execetive producer for Star wars galaxies. And they have Lucasart who learned what NOT to do with a MMO after SWG.

The Bioware austin mmo team consist of some KOTOR devs + lots of devs hired from other MMO companies.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 110
02-15-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Yea... no. Look at blizzard. The same was said abotu them, and look wehre it got them.
The most popular, well-known, and played MMO in the entire world?

One of the fortune 1000 companies?

Average annual increase of revenues over the last 10 years of 36.2%?

A market value of nearly 14 billion dollars?

Because blizzard has all those things.

What does cryptic have? An F from the BBB. :p

I really wish people would stop comparing this game to WOW or Cryptic to Blizzard, because bliz is so far away and beyond this that if it were a living thing, Cryptic would be a mosquito trying to suck it's blood for sustenance.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 AM.