Lt. Commander
# 111
02-15-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocharni View Post
man...so much bullcrap in just one post ...

first off, how can you tell the gameplay currently is very VERY bad when nobody outside bioware has had a chance to actually play it ?

and when you say bioware is clueless about gameplay and mechanics i wonder if your not better off playing hello kitty or something....
False. IGN has a video preview of the game.

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/10...dp_012510.html
Lt. Commander
# 112
02-15-2010, 04:04 AM
I am enjoying STO.

I honestly think that even if SW:TOR is a good game, it will not be able to live up to the preceding hype, just like this one.
Lt. Commander
# 113
02-15-2010, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmetal

I unno'.. Looks pretty sweet to me. It looks fast paced and fluid and has a cover system.

I don't get anything "very, VERY bad" from watching that.. Meh.
Lt. Commander
# 114
02-15-2010, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmetal

yeah, that pretty much is a mashup of all the videos Bioware has posted on SWTOR site. and even so, why do you conclude it has crappy gameplay from that(apart from the fact its currently in Alpha stage) ?
Lt. Commander
# 115
02-15-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayla
I am enjoying STO.

I honestly think that even if SW:TOR is a good game, it will not be able to live up to the preceding hype, just like this one.
That's not entirely true I don't think.

I think most people expect SW:TOR to be more like a MMO version of KOTOR, and as long as they accomplish that goal, I think people will be satisfied and not let down.

Of course, for people who havent played KOTOR or dont know what it is, yeah maybe.

STO on the other hand didn't have anything like that to guage on. All it had was the hype and downright deception from the developers about how the game would play and what it would be about.
Lt. Commander
# 116
02-15-2010, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieMan View Post
I unno'.. Looks pretty sweet to me. It looks fast paced and fluid and has a cover system.

I don't get anything "very, VERY bad" from watching that.. Meh.
Same, False was ment for his claim that no one outside Bioware had ever tried the game.
Lt. Commander
# 117
02-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temtavia View Post
Hopefully some good will come out of this fiasco. The sloppy, shoddy, laughable performance of Craptricks...Sorry couldnt resist. In all seriousness, I hope that Bioware, when they release TOR will take note of the problems Cryptic have encountered and prepare for a surge of players. I say all this because clearly unless Cryptic get their act together this game is doomed and I shall be playing TOR. In fact, if TOR was available today I would have cancelled my subscription to STO. I played Warhammer for the first few months and found no server issues, which was astonishingly good. I was thinking Cryptic with thier experience would do a good job. So Bioware make a good first impression. I have no hope for Cryptic.
Well we dont really care what you think, if you dont like it leave and stop posting your pointless little threads.
Lt. Commander
# 118
02-15-2010, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keromor View Post
Well we dont really care what you think, if you dont like it leave and stop posting your pointless little threads.
If you don't care you wouldn't post.

Obviously you people care or you would stop posting drivvel on every single "im leaving this game!" thread that pops up and would simply let them fall to the bottom of the forums through inactivity rather than keeping them alive and giving the OPs attention by constantly responding with rubbish.

Just sayin'
Lt. Commander
# 119
02-15-2010, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirrana
He is right it will be instanced even wow uses it to spawn a new area or zone when one get full. Even if you have separate servers you cannot get 1,000 people in the same space at the same time.
you can and it has been done by games that are 7-12yeas old.
Lt. Commander
# 120
02-15-2010, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seljek View Post
Bioware already took the most important tip, don't try to build an MMO from the ground up in less than 2 years.
Cryptic didn't build STO from the ground up. They have massive amounts of existing tech, given they developed COH/COV, what, 5 (6?) years ago + Champions Online.