Lt. Commander
# 41
02-14-2010, 01:30 PM
These threads are so funny.

TOR is going to be a massive fail. It's a EA MMO. Warhammer, anyone? C'mon. BioWare is a SP game maker. All the diologue trees in the world won't make it an MMO. Their game design is like an instanced version of their SP games with some MP areas. Not an MMO.

But they have enough lemmings from their existing SP offerings to give them an initial boost. Pfft. Fanboi disaster zone, really.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Well, Bioware has a track record of producing it's own products and taking their time to develop each one. They don't have a monster like Atari standing behind them with a due date they absolutely must hit and a shovel ready to bury them if they don't.

I'm sure it will have it's bugs too. No game release goes as smooth as an MMO developer would like.But it will be ready when it's time comes, unlike STO which had to be rushed to the market.

Even so, STO is still a great game and has had far fewer issues than many MMO releases over the past couple of years. Even when TOR comes out, I'll likely continue to play STO. So far all TOR has shown me is that they can create a single player voiced RPG in a MMO environment similar to nearly every other MMO enviornment on the market but with a sci-fi skin. Sith fighting their way through a dungeon beneath their home city? Really?

I know it wasn't totally Cryptic's fault, but this is what is going to happen if a gaming company tries to pull this kind of stunt regardless of who made them do it.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpviper69 View Post
From what I have read EA is only a distributor for BioWare on this project. EA has 0 say so over any of the games development.
I was very concerned when I had learned that EA had gotten its money hungry hands on such a great Company.
Yeah so they say but you know when you're backing a project by a subsidiary you're going to get your say one way or another.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seljek View Post
Its been edited re-read it, I realized misinterpretation after I posted.

Ill reiterate, Cryptic has had a decent amount of experience with MMOs. Table top games and MMOs are VERY different. Cryptic should know how to make an MMO by now, while Games Workshop has never even touched online gaming.
Mythic had prior experience with MMOs (Dark Age of Camelot)
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temtavia View Post
Hopefully some good will come out of this fiasco. The sloppy, shoddy, laughable performance of Craptricks...Sorry couldnt resist. In all seriousness, I hope that Bioware, when they release TOR will take note of the problems Cryptic have encountered and prepare for a surge of players. I say all this because clearly unless Cryptic get their act together this game is doomed and I shall be playing TOR. In fact, if TOR was available today I would have cancelled my subscription to STO. I played Warhammer for the first few months and found no server issues, which was astonishingly good. I was thinking Cryptic with thier experience would do a good job. So Bioware make a good first impression. I have no hope for Cryptic.
If this is a joke, it is not funny. Usually TOR fanbois are funny or annoying. You are neither. You are just boring.
STO actually has a pretty smooth launch.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temtavia View Post
Hopefully some good will come out of this fiasco. The sloppy, shoddy, laughable performance of Craptricks...Sorry couldnt resist. In all seriousness, I hope that Bioware, when they release TOR will take note of the problems Cryptic have encountered and prepare for a surge of players. I say all this because clearly unless Cryptic get their act together this game is doomed and I shall be playing TOR. In fact, if TOR was available today I would have cancelled my subscription to STO. I played Warhammer for the first few months and found no server issues, which was astonishingly good. I was thinking Cryptic with thier experience would do a good job. So Bioware make a good first impression. I have no hope for Cryptic.
Have fun rolling alts on that game and see you when you get back
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seljek View Post
Never mind I see what your getting at...

That company never had any experience with MMOs... this company does. That is not a valid excuse.
Which company? you mean those who made WAR? i am sorry but are we still talking about Mythic here?
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-14-2010, 02:00 PM
If your going to troll, the least you could do is actually be good at it. As it is, you fail.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
Which company? you mean those who made WAR? i am sorry but are we still talking about Mythic here?
Games Workshop... which gave out the IP and made Mythic conform completely to it regardless of what Mythic thought was better for an MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOmens View Post
Not to defend one side or the other, but let's see...

-nearly 30 years of tabletop lore and history in gaming vs. a few years of lame super hero games-

I think WarHammer takes the field on that one without a real bit of concern, though why did WAR just suck?
I hate to tell you this, but Champions has been around since 1981, making it older than the Warhammer war game by two years, and older than the RP setting by even more (even though they made the terrible design decision to make up their own setting and still had the gall to call it "Champions Online.").