Lt. Commander
# 51
02-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temtavia View Post
Hopefully some good will come out of this fiasco. The sloppy, shoddy, laughable performance of Craptricks...Sorry couldnt resist. In all seriousness, I hope that Bioware, when they release TOR will take note of the problems Cryptic have encountered and prepare for a surge of players. I say all this because clearly unless Cryptic get their act together this game is doomed and I shall be playing TOR. In fact, if TOR was available today I would have cancelled my subscription to STO. I played Warhammer for the first few months and found no server issues, which was astonishingly good. I was thinking Cryptic with thier experience would do a good job. So Bioware make a good first impression. I have no hope for Cryptic.
Bioware = EA nuff said. FACT: Expect the absolute worst servers in the industry.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temtavia View Post
Hopefully some good will come out of this fiasco. The sloppy, shoddy, laughable performance of Craptricks...Sorry couldnt resist. In all seriousness, I hope that Bioware, when they release TOR will take note of the problems Cryptic have encountered and prepare for a surge of players. I say all this because clearly unless Cryptic get their act together this game is doomed and I shall be playing TOR. In fact, if TOR was available today I would have cancelled my subscription to STO. I played Warhammer for the first few months and found no server issues, which was astonishingly good. I was thinking Cryptic with thier experience would do a good job. So Bioware make a good first impression. I have no hope for Cryptic.
uh...why dont you post this crap on TOR forums?...Bioware doesnt live here...
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seljek View Post
Games Workshop... which gave out the IP and made Mythic conform completely to it regardless of what Mythic thought was better for an MMO.
Games Workshop has nothing to do with success or failure of WAR. The companies who give out IP don't have to have experience in MMO genre.In last post you mentioned that they had no experience with MMO genre. So i guess you were talking about Mythic? if not how can you compare Game Workshop to Cryptic? Cryptic does not give out IP.

Mythic is a lot more experienced compared to Crytpic in MMO genre. Their **** is still one of the most popular RVR MMORPG and running successfully after 7 years.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerEvening View Post
I hate to tell you this, but Champions has been around since 1981, making it older than the Warhammer war game by two years, and older than the RP setting by even more (even though they made the terrible design decision to make up their own setting and still had the gall to call it "Champions Online.").
I played the tabletop Champions back in 82 (killing powers, color your own toon sheets and all), and a few years from then so no, I am not speaking of a game that is much older than GW's works, but Champs never had 60+ books, hundreds of novels, thousands of fans at conventions, or anything even close to that hope.

And older than the RP setting? Sorry, what is that meant to be telling us? If you mean the oldest RPG, then you are WAY off base. If you ref to it as the older of the two concepts and the only one being a true RPG, then you sre only slightly close to the truth as the first printing of GW WH40k was an odd mix of tabletop rules and RPG setting. (i.e. Rogue Trader)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seljek View Post
Yep you got me there, didn't know Mythic was the developer... But it was still fun to see you explode, so I got something out of it.
Gee Selj, real constructive of ya. :p
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
Games Workshop has nothing to do with success or failure of WAR. The companies who give out IP don't have to have experience in MMO genre.In last post you mentioned that they had no experience with MMO genre. So i guess you were talking about Mythic? if not how can you compare Game Workshop to Cryptic? Cryptic does not give out IP.

Mythic is a lot more experienced compared to Crytpic in MMO genre. Their **** is still one of the most popular RVR MMORPG and running successfully after 7 years.
Yep you got me there, didn't know Mythic was the developer... But it was still fun to see you explode, so I got something out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alreya
These threads are so funny.

TOR is going to be a massive fail. It's a EA MMO. Warhammer, anyone? C'mon. BioWare is a SP game maker. All the diologue trees in the world won't make it an MMO. Their game design is like an instanced version of their SP games with some MP areas. Not an MMO.

But they have enough lemmings from their existing SP offerings to give them an initial boost. Pfft. Fanboi disaster zone, really.
SWTOR is going to be a massive fail? You are out of your Vulcan mind! Bioware never has let me down with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins, and now Mass Effect 2 which is definitely gonna be the game of the year! So what if Bioware never done a MMO or never have experience of making one before but I have full confidence in them! EA might be the mother company but they are definitely smart enough to stay out of Bioware's way making SWTOR! Cryptic has pretty much disappointed me with STO even I still will play it since I'm a devoted Trekkie and I want to play with my clan mates that likes it. STO was better off dying with Perpetual Entertainment or I would have been super happy if Bioware took over its development instead of Cryptic.No offense Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBrillig
it'll be interesting to see whether Bioware dumps their RPG heritage (in which case they're making something they have zero expertise in), or whether they actually make an MMORPG, in which case I can see the rage posts now. "ZOMG TOO MUCH TALKING, WHEN CAN I LIGHTSABERZZ!"
It is very easy to make an MMO with a lot of RPG and a lot of combat and to allow the players to skip the RPG part.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Does anyone not remember KOTR 2 was released with bug and a non functional influence system?
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
It is very easy to make an MMO with a lot of RPG and a lot of combat and to allow the players to skip the RPG part.
Which is why... no one has done it yet!
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Fun fact about WAR, from someone who worked for their European side. WAR is an abject failure and cost many hundreds of us our jobs.. While Mythic and Bioware are part of EA, Bioware has now taken over most of the MMO and RPG sections, Mythic has essentially ceased to exist.

As for WAR not having issues at launch....if you were working in the server room as I was you'd be singing a different tune. WAR had so many mistakes made (like the game mail servers using the same office servers we used).

So before you sing WARs praises, helps to have been in there.