Lt. Commander
# 1 Rippling Shadows
02-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Ever since I've bought the game, the shadows on the ship's hull don't seem to render properly. When I am standing still, there is no issue and the shadows are fine. However, soon as I start to move, the shadows "ripple" on the hull unnaturally. Using 2 GeForce GTX 275 SLI (although the rippling occurs whether or not I have SLI enabled) on a Windows 7 64 bit OS with updated drivers. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 04:22 PM
This is an issue with nVidia's latest drivers (I last updated near the beginning of November). I get the same issue in several other games as well, which were fine before I updated drivers (a couple weeks ago).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquest23 View Post
Ever since I've bought the game, the shadows on the ship's hull don't seem to render properly. When I am standing still, there is no issue and the shadows are fine. However, soon as I start to move, the shadows "ripple" on the hull unnaturally. Using 2 GeForce GTX 275 SLI (although the rippling occurs whether or not I have SLI enabled) on a Windows 7 64 bit OS with updated drivers. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Rippling! Thats the word for it. I have been using flicker all this time but ripple does describe it much better.

I have the same exact issue with my ATI card. But since you have a Nvidia card and you have the same problem... I am thinking its Cryptics problem now.