Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Expose = 1shot kill
02-14-2010, 01:06 PM
OK i can understand this in PvE but really PVP I mean if its not one hold its another pvp is suppose to be fun fast moving work as a team and accomplish an objective. It seems to me that PvP in STo is more how and expose the target and 1 shot them faster. Tactics?? Yes but when there is no counter its kinda lame after a bit. I can't stand group combat of any kind, honestly every time you turn around your being held or exposed.
I am sorry for ranting but sitting on your back more then shooting and smacking some one with a bat'leth gets old really fast.

Now to pick at the sides:
KLINGONS
- if you decide to go melee, I would think a melee fighter would be a bit more resistant to knockdowns and holds.
for example i was doing the klingon ground fleet action the other day to finish off my kill X pve toons I spent more time on my back than I did fighting I mean omg.

FEDERATION
- Melee what melee why is that even an option in the skill? I mean really I have yet to see one melee weapon for the feds.
- Feds (please corect me if I'm wrong) seam to be able to expose a whole lot more than Klingons can.

Can me a whiner or what ever I just feel that there are way to many holds in pvp thats more of a pve type thing imo.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpviper69 View Post
OK i can understand this in PvE but really PVP I mean if its not one hold its another pvp is suppose to be fun fast moving work as a team and accomplish an objective. It seems to me that PvP in STo is more how and expose the target and 1 shot them faster. Tactics?? Yes but when there is no counter its kinda lame after a bit. I can't stand group combat of any kind, honestly every time you turn around your being held or exposed.
I am sorry for ranting but sitting on your back more then shooting and smacking some one with a bat'leth gets old really fast.

Now to pick at the sides:
KLINGONS
- if you decide to go melee, I would think a melee fighter would be a bit more resistant to knockdowns and holds.
for example i was doing the klingon ground fleet action the other day to finish off my kill X pve toons I spent more time on my back than I did fighting I mean omg.

FEDERATION
- Melee what melee why is that even an option in the skill? I mean really I have yet to see one melee weapon for the feds.
- Feds (please corect me if I'm wrong) seam to be able to expose a whole lot more than Klingons can.

Can me a whiner or what ever I just feel that there are way to many holds in pvp thats more of a pve type thing imo.
Before we Start, I Hate Hold, Root and Expose.

Now, there are a few reasons why Klingons get held alot more then Feds.

1) Klingons mostly play Tactical, Since Science Class has all the Root and Hold in there Kits. is the main reason we get held all the time.

2) Most Feds us Weapons that add to this hold and root, IE: Stun Pistols.

3) Most PvP Klignons Enjoy the sport and refuse to use such methods.

Every weapon special has a chance to expose.

Every Science skill has a chance to expose

You put a Fast Stun Pistol, with a High damaging weapon into a Science build hands, you will be iimmobilized ever time.

I play a science build klignon and refuse to use these methods.. i know you will say its my fault cause i do not. But, I perfer a enjoy ground pvp match, where we are fighting it out.

Oh, Exposed, I dont Mind this that much. but, there should be a 2 second delay on exposed targets or even less. But, definiety not enough time for someone to switch weapon and wait for special attack to recharge.

Cause as a science Build, it is almost impossible for anyone other then Tactical to kill me, 1 on 1 or even 2 on 1.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-14-2010, 02:29 PM
just FYI, klingons expose like 50% more than feds. REDICULOUS amounts more. It gets more and more noticeable every time I play. I made a klingon just to see if maybe I was getting unlucky. Nope, I expose WAAAAY more. My knockown I only have to hit 2-3 times opposed to my fed having to spam it, no joke, 10-30 times to get an expose. 10% my ass. Same goes with weapons malfunction, almost EVERY time I use it on my klingon, expose. On my fed? nope lol. Thinking bout sticking to klingon side permenantly. If only I didnt have to be afugly klingon to be my borg.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittany
Before we Start, I Hate Hold, Root and Expose.

Now, there are a few reasons why Klingons get held alot more then Feds.

1) Klingons mostly play Tactical, Since Science Class has all the Root and Hold in there Kits. is the main reason we get held all the time.

2) Most Feds us Weapons that add to this hold and root, IE: Stun Pistols.

3) Most PvP Klignons Enjoy the sport and refuse to use such methods.

Every weapon special has a chance to expose.

Every Science skill has a chance to expose

You put a Fast Stun Pistol, with a High damaging weapon into a Science build hands, you will be iimmobilized ever time.

I play a science build klignon and refuse to use these methods.. i know you will say its my fault cause i do not. But, I perfer a enjoy ground pvp match, where we are fighting it out.

Oh, Exposed, I dont Mind this that much. but, there should be a 2 second delay on exposed targets or even less. But, definiety not enough time for someone to switch weapon and wait for special attack to recharge.

Cause as a science Build, it is almost impossible for anyone other then Tactical to kill me, 1 on 1 or even 2 on 1.
Wait... What?

Not sure what PVP rooms you've been in, but from a personal standpoint, it's always 0-40, 10-40 klingons. Roaming balls of stun/expose-y death. Always with the bloody teams of ugly-ass science class midgets with names like DR.UGLYPANTS or something spamming expose skills with spltbeam rifles. Makes it abit pointless to queue up half the time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWyvern View Post
Wait... What?

Not sure what PVP rooms you've been in, but from a personal standpoint, it's always 0-40, 10-40 klingons. Roaming balls of stun/expose-y death. Always with the bloody teams of ugly-ass science class midgets with names like DR.UGLYPANTS or something spamming expose skills with spltbeam rifles. Makes it abit pointless to queue up half the time.
That's interesting because my experience is the exact opposite - my KDF character is constantly being slapped around by a ground fedball, being hit with gravemetric bursts, cone beams etc, never getting a chance to fire back...and then there was the memorable time when i got stuck against a wall support and clubbed to death by rifle butts. :p

The constant expose-exploit spam convinced me to change my weaponry from a Disruptor sniper rifle to a Pulse rifle (exploit to expose), and not worry too much about my officer's ground skills since they won't be getting an outing any time soon. Less points into leadership and advanced tactics, more into Firearms and Soldier.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:49 PM.