Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Commander
# 21
07-22-2014, 06:23 PM
They added this to try and offset the loss of dilithum with the removal of the cluster spaces.

And yea this went live with 9.5. Seems they are still have issues with releasing info in a timely manner.

Glad its on the offical site though, I don't use facebook or twitter at all and hate when things are only posted there, as I only learn of them well after the fact.
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
07-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
Hailing all Captains!

We have added Dilithium Ore to Adventure Zone rewards to increase the amount available to triumphant Captains, Commanders and Warriors who are brave enough to take on the challenges that permeate these battlefields.

Read more info in our latest Dev Blog to find our what AZs will qualify for this addition, as well as the reward ratio.

Good luck out there players!

Link to Dev Blog #35

~CaptainSmirk
We already knew this (thanks to the patch notes), but this is another unequivocally good thing. Smart move, Cryptic.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al! Our theme song
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Career Officer
# 23
07-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Would be nice to see the dil rewards on all queueable STFs brought up to par with those of the Borg STFs.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
07-22-2014, 08:03 PM
IMO, no additional options to acquire dilithium mean anything until the Refinement Cap is increased.

The ONLY reason I see that the cap has not been or will not be increased is Cryptic wants us to get so impatient that we buy Zen and convert it to Dilithium in order to accomplish our goals.

Starfleet Veteran
# 25
07-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoping88 View Post
Funnily enough, the Space Adventure Zones in the Dyson Sphere had Dilithium rewards after launch. Then it was removed. Now it was added again.
Brilliant.
+1

Should of just kept it how it was!
Captain
# 26
07-22-2014, 09:00 PM
All in all a ok update to a crappy season
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Captain
# 27
07-22-2014, 10:29 PM
That's a great addition which will hopefully increase activity in those zones. But isn't it time to increase the daily dilithium refinement cap as well? I mean compare the possibilities to spend dilithium when the cap was originally introduced with the possibilities and requirements now! Reputation gear, fleet gear, fleet projects, crafting... I think an increase to 10'000 or even 12'000 per day would be appropriate.
Ensign
# 28
07-22-2014, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Nice.
But I sure wish you could add the boff groups to defari
That would be great if they added 2 BOFFs like the Dyson sphere has.
Maybe 2 to Nukara and a full team for Deferi.
Why would I as a Starfleet captain beam all alone into a freaking invasion zone??!!!
Commander
# 29
07-22-2014, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
That's a great addition which will hopefully increase activity in those zones. But isn't it time to increase the daily dilithium refinement cap as well? I mean compare the possibilities to spend dilithium when the cap was originally introduced with the possibilities and requirements now! Reputation gear, fleet gear, fleet projects, crafting... I think an increase to 10'000 or even 12'000 per day would be appropriate.
I think you are right. However, I have said this before they should make it 16k per day which would be nice and then when we have the Dilithium Weekend which starts Tomorrow, DOUBLE it for the entire weekend that way people like me that Ar eon all weekend don't accumulate 300k dilithium and have no way to refine it unless I wait 3 months.

I don't think it is too much to ask them or beg them to increase it, but I did read in another post that the reason they won't increase is that players are not refining max daily.

I call that a load of craptic BS because I refine max everyday on 5 toons and have done so for 6 months.
Vice Admiral
Jeffry L. Caler
Commanding Officer
USS Thomas E. Paris
Commander
# 30
07-22-2014, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradhauser View Post
That would be great if they added 2 BOFFs like the Dyson sphere has.
Maybe 2 to Nukara and a full team for Deferi.
Why would I as a Starfleet captain beam all alone into a freaking invasion zone??!!!
They would have to revamp the zone in order to accomodate the extra bodies in the zone. Currently Defera is 50 person in each zone. Dyson BZ has a limit of 20.

I would welcome the addition of a full team because fighting the borg in some of the missions is not easy. A team makes it more fun as well, as I wouldn't spend all my time respawning.
Vice Admiral
Jeffry L. Caler
Commanding Officer
USS Thomas E. Paris