Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Rihannsu
# 51
07-23-2014, 12:18 PM
This is by the funniest dev blog yet "The Star Trek Online development team continues to honor its commitment to improving the overall quality of the game for all players" how hollow those words sound among the p2w ships we have gotten recently. I mean really major lmao .
Starfleet Veteran
# 52
07-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadandcircuses View Post
The easiest way to increase your personal refining cap it to buy more character slots. Sure, you have to play more than one character, but if you don't have a problem hitting the refining cap you can always make an alt or two. You can use the alts for the Dilithium Exchange without interfering with your mains' own supplies. Even better, it's only 1065 Zen for 4 character slots, meaning that if you easily hit your cap already one purchase adds 32K dilithium to that cap.

Not as helpful for RPers hoping to focus on one character, but you can use the alts simply to power to the refining cap while retaining your mains for use in RP. Still, I hope that helps a tad.
I have 32... 31 of them are level 50. Most are for doffing/farming because of the dil cap. Some I do play regularly and I can always play someone different depending on what I want to do on any particular day.. The bad side is, there might actually be too much to choose from.

Personally the cap doesn't affect me. I am just looking at the situation for what it is... a way for Cryptic to milk its player base.

Rihannsu
# 53
07-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlotte View Post
.__.; Before I jump for joy, how much dil are we talkin' 'bout here?
On defera, its 160 for the easy, 240 for the medium, and 320 for the hard. I think those are the right numbers. I haven't checked the others. On Defera you also get fleet marks and the Omega bonus box. If you get a good team, and nothing bugs out, you can probably finish all the hard missions in about 30 minutes, including travel time. But I don't think I have had a run yet that either power plant hard, or city hard didn't bug.

If you don't know, the bugs aren't killer, usually you can switch to a different zone, so just annoying. And easy to get lost in if you don't know what you are doing. Kinda like the exploration sectors.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Rihannsu
# 54
07-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Not to seem ungrateful, I mean I'm all for adding variety to the ways one can earn Dil, but I've not ever found it hard to earn Dilithium Ore. Getting the Dilithium Refined is the problem.

When I'm actively playing a character, I log in, collect my DOff missions and yesterday's Reps, play a handful of missions (STFs, etc.) needed to get Rep Marks, etc. etc... I find I'm near/over 8k Dil Ore with what I feel is very little "effort"... If I'm actually TRYING to farm Dil? Fuggettaboutit!!! Getting 8k is "easy", taking my time it's a couple hours, tops.

I'm LTS so have access to that crummy Dil Refining DOff mission and most my toons belong to fleets with a mine that offers refining, but even combined it's only 1k more Refined Dilithium (average) per day (and it requires annoying effort and locking up two DOffs and an Assignment slots for two days).

<sarcasm>Whoopie!</sarcasm>

Others in this thread have said, I'll say it to: Increase the Dilithium Daily Refinement Cap.

Do that, and I'll really care/be happy about more Dil in the system.

BTW, Champions Online Veteran Rewards offer double-refining of Questionite (their version of dil), granting 16k per day to vets. How about something like that for STO?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Republic Veteran
# 55
07-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
This seems to be kind of a moot blog considering we already knew this.
Just because you read patch notes and Dev Blogs doesn't mean everyone reads both.
Ensign
# 56
07-24-2014, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadandcircuses View Post
The easiest way to increase your personal refining cap it to buy more character slots. Sure, you have to play more than one character, but if you don't have a problem hitting the refining cap you can always make an alt or two. You can use the alts for the Dilithium Exchange without interfering with your mains' own supplies. Even better, it's only 1065 Zen for 4 character slots, meaning that if you easily hit your cap already one purchase adds 32K dilithium to that cap.

Not as helpful for RPers hoping to focus on one character, but you can use the alts simply to power to the refining cap while retaining your mains for use in RP. Still, I hope that helps a tad.
True.If They remove the dil refine cap,billions of dilithium will be on market,and the price for zen will be more than 1000 dilithium.If anyone needs more dil,farm it with more toons
Commander
# 57
07-24-2014, 02:18 AM
I used to haul in the ore hand over fist when I was playing all the time. The last few months though, I don't log in to play all that often, and my stockpiles have vanished, so this is very welcome news to me. (Especially as I actually enjoy ground combat).
Survivor of Romulus
# 58 Meh, I'll take it
07-24-2014, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonalius View Post
I used to haul in the ore hand over fist when I was playing all the time. The last few months though, I don't log in to play all that often, and my stockpiles have vanished, so this is very welcome news to me. (Especially as I actually enjoy ground combat).
I agree with you on the vanishing stockpiles - I've had occasions to stockpile resources but those usually come around major holidays (full time doctoral student), so major advancement usually only happens on my main toon. I can appreciate throwing dilithium in additional locations, even if the refining cap is still 8k/day, but I'm used to taking it slowly.

Also, ground combat for the win. It's good to hear that it's available in these zones now - I just wish it was back when I was working on all those reps!

Looking forward to diplomacy and exploration revamps.
Ensign
# 59
07-24-2014, 09:04 AM
we need more content instead of Dilithium ore