Lt. Commander
Well I have tried out the Klingon side of life and to be honest it is considerably harder than the Federation side, not to mention annoying that it is very time consuming to get ship parts as opposed to the federation.

The gameplay is a lot slower, and far fewer rewards than on the federation side. But then why not? after all more people play fed and why risk losing them because of poor pvp play? Far better to lose the few thousand players (if there is that many as I have no idea how many there are , not many this weekend gone by during my Klingon trial run on release though) that chose to play Klingon after all if they don't like it they can allways play federation!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 02:58 PM
you get credits for every match, regardless of the outcome. there are generic part vendors + now the exchange that has ALOT of good stuff on it and very affordable. I'd much rather budget my income and buy exactly what I want then be at the mercy of completing a quest or hope for some random drop.

sounds like you put any effort whatsoever into it. poor fed didnt get easy mode and wants to go home. good riddance, dont let the transporter scramble you on the way out
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tavos
Well I have tried out the Klingon side of life and to be honest it is considerably harder than the Federation side, not to mention annoying that it is very time consuming to get ship parts as opposed to the federation.

The gameplay is a lot slower, and far fewer rewards than on the federation side. But then why not? after all more people play fed and why risk losing them because of poor pvp play? Far better to lose the few thousand players (if there is that many as I have no idea how many there are , not many this weekend gone by during my Klingon trial run on release though) that chose to play Klingon after all if they don't like it they can allways play federation!
While you can get gear on the AH, have a fed mule craft it in MA or just mail yourself items - as a KDF you'll never have the bind on pickup quest items that feds get. This includes the top of the line paratrinic shields, efficient engines and quest only weapons and ground items and shields.

The best geared kdf player is anywhere from 60-85% as well equipped as the best geared fed player, even with those options. Less so depending on how much importance you place on some gear.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
While you can get gear on the AH, have a fed mule craft it in MA or just mail yourself items - as a KDF you'll never have the bind on pickup quest items that feds get. This includes the top of the line paratrinic shields, efficient engines and quest only weapons and ground items and shields.

The best geared kdf player is anywhere from 60-85% as well equipped as the best geared fed player, even with those options. Less so depending on how much importance you place on some gear.

This is why i'm going to roll a new fed char and then mail all the good quest items over!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross82
This is why i'm going to roll a new fed char and then mail all the good quest items over!
You can't. The best items are bind on pickup. paratrinic shield, efficient engine, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Yeah but even the bind on equip stuff you get on the Fed side is generally better than anything you can get on KDF by actually playing the game. Exchange might have some comparable parts, but Feds exchange is 10x better so that's not really a balancing factor at all. Hopefully when they add the KDF content we get good unique blues and stuff like Feds do or it'll just be a waste of time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
Yeah but even the bind on equip stuff you get on the Fed side is generally better than anything you can get on KDF by actually playing the game. Exchange might have some comparable parts, but Feds exchange is 10x better so that's not really a balancing factor at all. Hopefully when they add the KDF content we get good unique blues and stuff like Feds do or it'll just be a waste of time.
The two exchanges are actually linked (or were)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 06:01 PM
More difficult and being forced to PvP for your meal will transform your inner being to that of a warrior rather than some Federation Living Room bridge softy.

Embrace the challenge and arise as a leader!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
The two exchanges are actually linked (or were)
Oh damn I didn't even know that haha. I figured they were separate and haven't really messed with it much. I guess that's what I get for assuming things.