Lt. Commander
# 21
02-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrafly
This your first MMO? I'm sure you never played WOW, or FFXI. Never had a wait time to get into their servers.
WoW had Queue's with more then 1500+ players when it launched.
**** had queue's of more then 2000+ and wait times of 3+hours to get in.

this game is still new
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortius View Post
Ok, I am just going to refer to the OP as George. (reference: http://chroniclesofgeorge.nanc.com/tickets1.htm)

George, I tried to read that awful wall of misspelled words and atrocious grammar but I honestly did not read it all. (I could actually feel myself getting dumber.) I do however THINK I understand your problem. You are upset because your head still won't fit in the pickle jar. INHALE then EXHALE everything will be OK.

We all paid real money for this game. We all need to remember that this is a game ( is not the control tower at an airport.) and a brand new shiny one at that. There will be issues, down time and glitches for the 1st few months at least. This is normal. If you do not like this, then I suggest you play a console game or older online game that has already ironed out the wrinkles until STO is up to your standards. This will also give you some time to work on spelling and grammar. I would be willing to bet that STO is fixed long before you are......
Thanks, for that.

I love it when I click on a post and I look at it first and my 40 year old eyes force themselves into my skull and shake because they are afraid to come out. I had to get my 9 year old and ask her to read it. Her reply; "Dad, how come people don't make it into paragraphs and why are people impatient?" I have been in maybe one or two queue's. It really isn't a big deal. I've been in the mid one hundred's and after waiting for 20 seconds I was in game. It gives me a chance to take a dump or get a drink or get into an arguement with my wife about me putting the Saran Wrap over the toilet rim.

It's not that bad.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer318
I was trusting unuff
This saddens me.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-14-2010, 06:52 PM
WoW had a horrible launch in the EU, i couldant even log in for the first week (AFTER beta)

now granted thats no excuse for other companys to do it poorly, but having a queue is far betetr than overloaded servers.

Secondly, haiving two seperate server clusters/shards will make little to no difference, and IMO make the game worse, being a hevily instanced game, simply adding servers onto the existing cluser/shard will generate a better result.
Wich is what they have done.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-14-2010, 07:19 PM
lol Angry adolescents never fail to amuse me...

In case the angry youth missed it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evalissa View Post
WoW had a horrible launch in the EU, i couldant even log in for the first week (AFTER beta)

now granted thats no excuse for other companys to do it poorly, but having a queue is far betetr than overloaded servers.

Secondly, haiving two seperate server clusters/shards will make little to no difference, and IMO make the game worse, being a hevily instanced game, simply adding servers onto the existing cluser/shard will generate a better result.
Wich is what they have done.
It had a terribawful launch in the US as well - I remember having regular queues for a good 3-4 months of around 700 people on average. And it seemed that almost every time they put out a content patch, the queues would come back. Heck, I sometimes still get queues during major content patches or holidays in WoW as it is right now, heck with during launch.

It's the first month of a game based off a franchise that just happens to be one of two that I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see launch an effing religion based just on membership numbers alone (the other actually does have one registered in the UK, which brings me much amusement). Much like Blizzard at the launch of WoW... They did not expect this kind of load, and I don't think it would have been reasonable to expect it either.

Heck, I'm still amazed Warhammer Online didn't do much better, given the solidarity of the game (PVP whining aside), and the massive fanbase. :/ Though... When WH40k launches, it'll probably be with just as much zeal as they had at launch (which also led to rapid server expansion to meet the loads).

To be fair to Cryptic... they recovered pretty freakin' fast given the demand, to have a game as stable as it is now. And I've seen me some popular launches in my day.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
The new servers are actually what is causing the problems ;-) We had to move some of the shard core servers off the new, faster boxes because they keep exploding (randomly losing network connectivity for a fraction of a second).
Apparently, the problem IS the new servers.

*sigh*

Guess they don't make them like they used to!

Server_Canuck
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrafly
Dangerously Geeky, This your first MMO? I'm sure you never played WOW, or FFXI. Never had a wait time to get into their servers. Wake up. $15.00 a month is alot for a subscription, if you don't care about your money, then that's you. But, many of us care about our money, and downtime due to insufficient server space is simply poor planning, and game maintenance. I can understand if the server is just down, and it crashed. Offline time is acceptable, but Ques are not.

Never played WoW on Moon Guard US have ya... I've been in the 300's in queue on that server as recently as the end of last month. (haven't been playing it much recently... Hrm... )
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-14-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer318
Obviously another player not affected bye cues look kid get a job and give you're money taway for nothing and then maybe you would understand but I doubt it subpar people expect subpar service.
The reason why so many people aren't affected by queus is because it isn't a very common problem. They've posted a fix for people who find themselves in queu's. Go to options and lower your video settings. Have you tried that? They ARE working on a fix, but I'm sure getting their exploding servers back in line takes precedence to your problem. Sorry; problems that affect a lot of people tend to get fixed over those which affect a few.

Now, on to the side argument. Yes, you're not an English major. Most of us aren't either. Me? I'm a college dropout. However, if you wish to communicate with others it behooves you to be able to communicate in an INTELLIGIBLE manner. If you communicate in a manner which few, if any, can understand than it should serve as no surprise at all whatsoever that people will mock you or fail to answer your question. We all make the occasional mistake. That's ok, no one is perfect. But when the mistakes outnumber the non-mistakes.... Well, it detracts from your message.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-15-2010, 01:27 AM
i giggle at people that ask for a new server.

sto is built on a scalable server backend cluster which allows them to add more racks as increased capacity is needed. all thats required is some new scripting to bring the new racks into the cluster.

oh but you dont understand computers. ok ill try to explain it in language you understand.

the magic thinky thinky boxes can sing together and the more thinky thinky boxes that get added the more people that can enjoy the song!

or something like that, it might not make sense, youll have to forgive me. i dont speak full ****** and bablefish might be failing me tonight.