Lt. Commander
# 1 Iconia Bug / Exploit
02-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Don't know which will be the attention grabber, bug or exploit. But in any case this is both ... or at lest has that potential.

Today I did the Mission: Taris, and on the planetside away mission of Iconia there is a crate that continually gives items.

Normally when you would click on a crate, you get a random item (or two) and you are no longer able to click on the crate again. This one does not clear the clickable flag. You just keep on clicking and clicking and clicking, and selling to the Replicator, and selling to the Replicator, and selling to the Replicator.

It's a bug because it will not clear the clickable flag.

It's an exploit because only the most greedy who has the patience to sit there and continuously sell to their Replicator will come out with way more Energy Credits than anyone could ever imagine ... yes, I know you can imagine alot.

Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 04:48 PM
i mentioned that a while ago. devs ignored it. they will ignore this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Aye ... that's what I'm expecting!

Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 05:26 PM
might as well exp[loit all you want, judging by how long it takes to get a ticket looked at, it will take them months to fix an exploit.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 05:55 PM
I found this bug and filled up but it didn't seem terribly exploitable to me. The consumable and food items you get are worth VERY little compared to simple random equipment drops of the same level, and you can't use your replicator while on the ground. I only made a couple thousand energy credits for ten minutes of clicking on the crate. Fighting in a fleet action would get me more credits per time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherous
... and you can't use your replicator while on the ground....
Yes ... Yes you can. I do it all the time when I get "Inventory Full" while picking up drops. Try it on the ground, even in a base, just drag and drop something on it. In case you didn't know, your mouse pointer has to be dead-center of the Replicator button, not the item your dragging.

And anyone with a fair amount of patience can sit there and sell sell sell till their hearts content, even if the prices are insignificant a little bit keeps adding up.

Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 07:59 PM
=/\= Bump =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannadharo View Post
Yes ... Yes you can. I do it all the time when I get "Inventory Full" while picking up drops. Try it on the ground, even in a base, just drag and drop something on it. In case you didn't know, your mouse pointer has to be dead-center of the Replicator button, not the item your dragging.

And anyone with a fair amount of patience can sit there and sell sell sell till their hearts content, even if the prices are insignificant a little bit keeps adding up.
Oh? I have tried it a few times by left clicking on the button, but of course the button is greyed out and does nothing when clicked. I'll try dragging onto it next time I'm on the ground.

The inactive state of the button seems to imply that it is SUPPOSED to be disabled. Plus, how do you have a replicator without your ship? Bug?

Edit: Dragging works. The greyed-out button says "Cannot be used when on the ground or at a store" sooooo I'm guessing, bug.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 12:42 AM
I noticed that too ... i filled my inventory up with Large Shield Batteries, Powercells and Hypos.
Wish i would have know you can use the replicator there.
But with my more then 1 million credits now i dont think it really would have mattered. :p