Lt. Commander
# 1 Trills and Starfleet
02-14-2010, 03:50 PM
I was reading a thread about ranks and what happens if people are incapacitated, but what happens to a Trill in starfleet when their host body dies? Do they look in Starfleet for an unjoined Trill to join with? What if the unjoined Trill ISNT in starfleet? Do they have to go through the Academy again?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 03:56 PM
This was the situation with Dax symbiote. Whan Jadzia Dax died the symbiote was quickly joined with Ezri or the symbiote would have died shortly after Jadzia's death. After Ezri was joined she was given books on what to expect after the joining.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Ya I never saw it :p I had other things happening at the time (gf) and ended up missing the last few seasons of DS9. So what happened? Did they give her Jadzea's rank?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
Ya I never saw it :p I had other things happening at the time (gf) and ended up missing the last few seasons of DS9. So what happened? Did they give her Jadzea's rank?
When Ezri came aboard DS9 she was an Ensign. A few episodes later Captain Sisko had to argue in favor of giving Ezri Dax the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade. Captains Sisko's reasoning was that the Dax symbiote had the knowledge of previous hosts which was relevant to a promotion.