Lt. Commander
I don't understand why StarTrek online has scored in the 60's with metacritic while Mass Effect 2 has scored in the 90's. Is mass effect 2 really 30% better than StarTrek online. I mean i know it has plenty of voice content but I imagine it has little space content and focuses solely on ground content like mass effect 1 did. Anyway if you have played Mass Effect 2 what did they do that makes it 30% better than STO?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 04:28 PM
sto is a crappy game
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 04:30 PM
I dont understand it either...if STO gets 60 mass effect needs something in the 200's
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 04:30 PM
The ME series are some of the best science fiction RPGs I've ever played. Yes, they are that good. And honestly, I'd rather have a ME mmo from Bioware than TOR.

But STO is certainly better than 60%. /shrug
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewprofit View Post
I don't understand why StarTrek online has scored in the 60's with metacritic while Mass Effect 2 has scored in the 90's. Is mass effect 2 really 30% better than StarTrek online. I mean i know it has plenty of voice content but I imagine it has little space content and focuses solely on ground content like mass effect 1 did. Anyway if you have played Mass Effect 2 what did they do that makes it 30% better than STO?
Its not necessarily better, its that people don't understand the MMO life cycle. No MMO ever comes out, with everything implemented, with everything 100% work, with everyone happy etc. MMOs evolve as time goes on, it grows WITH the player community. Games like Mass Effect are static, you buy what you buy, and maybe something changes down the road, but it will prolly only be map packs or such. MMOs change daily.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Mass Effect 2 is an awesome game; good voice action, interesting story, neat use of save game import and it has some hilarious dialogue at times. Those are my opinions at least. STO on the other hand is a mostly copy-pasted MMORPG, and copy-pasted from another that is still rather new to boot. It just isn't as complete, content or mechanics-wise, as ME2 is. Of course that is to be expected from a recently released MMORPG. Regardless, if you personally think the game is better than what some critic has to say, then that's what matters.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaelinTerenes
Its not necessarily better, its that people don't understand the MMO life cycle. No MMO ever comes out, with everything implemented, with everything 100% work, with everyone happy etc. MMOs evolve as time goes on, it grows WITH the player community. Games like Mass Effect are static, you buy what you buy, and maybe something changes down the road, but it will prolly only be map packs or such. MMOs change daily.
********!

I'm very much aware of the MMO lifecycle having been playing them for a decade but regardless of cycle, it comes down to quality.

STO is a budget game that was released before it was ready, regardless of "MMO cycle" crap becuase it dont matter if you add icing to the cake later if the base filling taste like ****.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 04:37 PM
well most MMOs get re-reviewed a year later usually , I know Age of Conan and Warhammer did.

one year from now I can imagine STO will be "more complete" than it is now. I hope it gets re-reviewed at that time.

its easily a 7/10 imho at this point, more content and endgame goodness would make it 8 or 9 /10.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Because it gets mixed or average reviews.

As for ME2... I didn't even really like ME2 that much, but I'd go with 25-35% better than STO at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pscyon
Mass Effect 2 is an awesome game; good voice action, interesting story, neat use of save game import and it has some hilarious dialogue at times. Those are my opinions at least. STO on the other hand is a mostly copy-pasted MMORPG, and copy-pasted from another that is still rather new to boot. It just isn't as complete, content or mechanics-wise, as ME2 is. Of course that is to be expected from a recently released MMORPG. Regardless, if you personally think the game is better than what some critic has to say, then that's what matters.
You know except for some carniverous plants I haven't seen many jokes inside STO. I think some humor would greatly add to the game.