Captain
# 1 Ker'rat PvP A2B/A2D hybrids...
07-24-2014, 01:14 AM
Build: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...usslibertyv1_0

Everything Fleet Mk XII/Rep/antiproton is staying, rest will be replaced with better stuff in due course.

As you can see, currently use single A2D (with Blue Doff) And it works well - trouble is, most of my deaths are because a KDF gets a vaping run in while my TT or RSPs are on cooldown, and well, its the next thing to change, so I want to run A2B/A2D combination to bring cooldowns down, especially the RSP.

Now, this is the Boff layout I want to run:
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...usslibertyv2_0

Question is, will one A2B2 with only Blue Doffs be enough, or should I save my somewhat limited resources?
Vanilla PvP - Cheap. Fun. Balanced. Newbie/Casual friendly. PvP as it should be.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1223171

T'Rebek, Karina, Volana, Nalcari, K'Ahlayr.

Last edited by cbrjwrr; 07-24-2014 at 01:29 AM.
Ensign
# 2
07-24-2014, 01:24 AM
Use the assimilated set,and Fleet neutronium alloys.One Blue a2b doff not doing too much -cd on your tact team (8sec),and if you attacked by a cloacked ship more resist,and defense can save your life.Or use Feedback pulse with particle gens,its pretty good for defenseAnyway i dont like a2b skill with sci.
Captain
# 3
07-24-2014, 01:45 AM
Borg set - Don't like the visuals... Plus, I want to run Counter-Command set for the damage.

Neutroniums - already use Mk X Fleet ones, and will swap to Mk XII eventually.

Doffs - VRs are out of budget, but I can afford 3 blues.

Surviving vapes - well, they either succeed first time (less and less frequently it seems) or it gets dragged out to them needing repeated attempts - what I'm trying to do is further increase how many attempts it takes...

FPB/sci skills - I don't much like A2B either, but the cooldown bonus seems too useful...
Vanilla PvP - Cheap. Fun. Balanced. Newbie/Casual friendly. PvP as it should be.

Captain
# 4
07-24-2014, 02:02 AM
Could use another RSP.
----
@DevolvedOne
Captain
# 5
07-24-2014, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
Could use another RSP.
RSP has a cooldown of 2 minutes, and starts a 1 minute cooldown on additional RSPs - adding another wont help.

Captain
# 6
07-24-2014, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjwrr View Post
RSP has a cooldown of 2 minutes, and starts a 1 minute cooldown on additional RSPs - adding another wont help.
Well I think he was making a comment on RSP not being an ideal survival tactic. As far a second copy well your right on the global times... but that is what you want to attempt to do with the a2b is it now... drop it to global. 2 copies is global 1min shared is the global. 2 copies you have one every 1 min. A2B you have 1 copy up almost every 2 min.

..... Of course now I went to look at your build... and well you do have 2 copies... You also have A2S and A2D which don't play all that well. Adding a2b on top would be just a nightmare of cool downs.

On your build I want to give you some honest advice. Thank you for coming here and asking for help. Here are a few suggestions.

1) The ship choice is sub par... you likely know that the mirror ships are a little bit less. Having said that it is workable until you can get a better fleet or lockbox. Don't let that keep you from trying pvp. Just set expectations accordingly.

2) The mix of torps and energy by most folks is frowned on. You just don't have any buffs at all for the torps... having said that there are plenty of Acetons around right now so its not a bad choice. I would not run the counter command console though. Its not doing anything for qunatum torps. Or switch to photons. The rep ones (Dyson Grav torp... and Undine Bio enhanced would work in replacement if you want to use that console)

3) if you do choose to run A2B you don't need 2 copies of RSP anymore... so remove one.

Here is a suggestion to make that ship somewhat more workable.
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=libertyhus_0
Forget a2b ... run something like that with dual a2d instead. with the doff you will have 100% uptime on damp and all the extra resist and turn. You will also always be immune to pushes and pulls.
One RSP is more then enough. Load a tractor instead of the PH... you have tons of armor yes it breaks tracotrs but honestly when that happnes just evasive out Tractor and lay the plasma.

Doffs run 2 Dmg control... the Anti matter doff for A2D.. and 2 Tac team doffs. (if you don't have a 6th slot yet... just run 1 Tac team doff for now.)

To be honest I would even consdier playing around with some other mirror ships even. The Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit would fit well with a sci. It has a lt cmd sci boff so you could run something like a GW 1 along with an Eject warp plasma... trade the EPTW for an EPTE and at least you would have a way to stop people... time a sub nuke and a scan right and you might even kill someone.

Have fun in any case... also don't count out playing an actual sci ship. Right now scis are in a great place in the game, our traits are great and the synergies with a good sci ship with Sensor Analysis can be down right heck to play against. There are a couple mirror ones you could toy around with on the cheap.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 7
07-24-2014, 02:50 AM
Quote:
So it does...so it does. Why don't you fly a science ship instead of that mirror cruiser? You could actually be useful in a sci ship where you're basically just sitting around waiting to get killed in that thing.
----
@DevolvedOne
Captain
# 8
07-24-2014, 03:05 AM
And look, I was not serious with my first post. It's just that your build reeks of Fed stinkiness, and then you say you don't want to use one of the best 2-piece sets in the game because of the visuals...seriously? You can turn them off you know?

You're not going to do any type of damage worthwhile in that ship so just give up on the emergency power to weapons- it's useless in this case. And RSP is not going to save you in Ker'rat. One copy is good for emergencies, but 2 is overkill. It will get nuked off or waited out and you will die.

A decent science ship can dish out a lot more damage than that cruiser any day of the week and just be a lot more useful and versatile overall. Hop in a science ship, try to come up with a build, and we can take it from there. The ship that you chose is pretty much horrible at everything and does not benefit a science captain in any way.
----
@DevolvedOne
Empire Veteran
# 9
07-24-2014, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Borg set - Don't like the visuals... Plus, I want to run Counter-Command set for the damage.
You can just right click the item to disable visuals, 2 piece borg and resilient resA/resB fleet shield is a very strong option in pvp.

Also aux to battery, aux to dampeners and aux to sif cooldowns all clash so using atb with atd or ats is a bad idea since when you use atb, your atd will enter cooldown and will be useable at the same time you can atb again. 3 blue technicians is the minimum for atb to be effective in my opinion
Free jkname

Last edited by ankokuneko; 07-24-2014 at 04:01 AM.
Captain
# 10
07-24-2014, 05:22 AM
I would say ditch the RSP1, and put in a EP2S2 for better shield healing & Shield DR.

If you are going to use aux2batt for cd reduction, than I suggest do it right with 2 copies, but if you decide to forego it, than slot in ep2s3, keep the ep2s2 in the rsp1 slot, and pop in an ep2e1 where old ep2s1 was.

Doff your aux2id for energy DR, and keep your empwr2xsystems doffed, so they can keep cycling quickly.

Sci team is nice for a quick shield heal, and cleanse of certain debuffs, but offers no DR, so you may rethink it and use TSS in its place.

Weapons layout is somewhat basic, and using 2 torpedoes on a cruiser in a pvp environment isn't always the optimal choice, but it can work.

The biggest issue is to get the vapers/cloakers/nimbles to hold still, which is a bit difficult since you have little sci abilities, so this can be one of the biggest issues for you.

You also have a tad too many eng consoles IMO, you really only need 1, and I suggest moving the 3 UNI-consoles up to eng slots, and put in maybe 1-2 dyson sci consoles for some extra shield healing/capacity, or just go for more shield capacity in general.

With no room for an APO, GW's are going to be a doozy for you, so you will need in those situations to make heavy use of brace4impact/aux2id + eng console to provide a high level of kinetic resistance.

Get yourself some Deuterium, and make use of it along with ep2e, and if need be evasive to try and free yourself from being a sitting duck.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet

Last edited by shadowwraith77; 07-24-2014 at 05:27 AM.