Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground PvP is strong
02-14-2010, 06:06 PM
One thing I've noticed about mmos is that whiners tend to be considerably more vocal than people who are enjoying the game the way it is. For this reason, I've decided to make this post.

I really enjoy the expose/exploit system. I believe that it makes for well-paced, exciting, and gratifying game play. I've seen complaints that people are being "held every second," but this is not my experience. For those suffering from this, I can only say: l2p. I really hope that cryptic stays true to their original vision on the ground pvp mechanics. Speaking for myself, it's my kind of game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm ok in space, but my real strong suit is ground pvp. I am generally the top scorer and top damage dealer every game. I often finish with at most 1-2 deaths.

I use split-beam weapons when my team is exposing, and I play very defensively. I always keep cover nearby, and I use mines and bombs as an engineer to keep my enemies seperated and disoriented.

I constantly refresh my own shields and I hammer on the tribble and stims.

While I am playing, I constantly see people on both teams screwing it up and dying over and over worthlessly.

- Don't ever go out in the open. Always keep cover handy.
- if your shields are down, MOVE.
- know who is on your flank
- when an enemy is outnumbered. flank them
- shoot from crouch
- mines snare, always use them. mine every junction and doorway
- stay with your team
- heal your teammates
- you can only dive/sprint once per sprint refresh. don't waste it

I hate to start this whole thing up again, but - I don't have any of the problems that these people have in ground pvp. Not at all. In fact, I am the one killing them over and over.