Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground PvP, it's not that bad!
02-14-2010, 07:07 PM
I must say, I enjoy ground PvP in this game, especially when you get into a good challenging game. But, most matches turn out to be very one-sided. I hear many feds say that in ground PvP, klingons are overpowered (and in one instance, I had a guy telling me that klingons had double the base stats of feds!), and this is certainly not the case.

Equipment and such aside, there's one very important thing that makes or breaks a match in ground PvP. Teamwork, or more specifically, sticking together. Once you're in a match, you should try and make a team with everyone else there, if possible. Many of your buffs won't work if you aren't teamed (such as the tactical rally cry ability). It helps even more if you make a team before you go into a match, even if it's not a full group, it'll help knowing you have some people with you who will listen and stick together with you.

Another important thing to do, is not to charge randomly, alone, into a battle against superior numbers. Always run away from the group you're facing, and group up with your other teammates. The only time you should be running on your own into combat, is if there's a battle already going on between the two sides and it's not completely one-sided.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5g1Q_MDwE8

This video here shows a match I had earlier today, you'll notice that many of the fed players really aren't that bad, but alot of the time, they were charging into a group of klingon players on their own.

What do you guys think? Maybe people should automatically be put into a team once they enter the arena. At least then group buffs and such could be used on those who normally don't like to group up (and thus giving you a better chance to win the match).

Note: I also refer those who don't normally ground PvP to check out Slamz's post, it's got a lot of useful information.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=116420
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdeedfrey View Post
Ground PvP, it's not that bad!
LIES ALL LIES
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Ground pvp is decent and can be quite fun, but really the main gripe with it has nothing to do with balance issues (which are not true, both sides get the exact same stuff), but with the retarded amount of holds and to a lesser extent, knockbacks. That is when ground PVP sucks, when you get chain held/stunned/knockbacked and can't do anything but watch as you get taken down from 100% HP/shields to 0.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 07:59 PM
The main thing that makes it seem like you're getting CC'ed to death is expose. When you get exposed, you get a 10 second stun, and the next exploit attack someone does gets multiplied in damage (expose from reactive shields don't seem to give the stun though, like reroute power to shields and overwatch).

It would be better if the stun were removed completely and instead replaced by a snare that lasts for the length of the expose, say 50%. Wouldn't be as bad as 10 seconds of stun, heh.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Ground pvp is decent and can be quite fun, but really the main gripe with it has nothing to do with balance issues (which are not true, both sides get the exact same stuff), but with the retarded amount of holds and to a lesser extent, knockbacks. That is when ground PVP sucks, when you get chain held/stunned/knockbacked and can't do anything but watch as you get taken down from 100% HP/shields to 0.
L2P. Ground PvP does not suck just because you happen to suck at it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 09:50 PM
This title should read "Ground PvP? Stick to Warhammer Online".

This message is brought to you by Ground Trek, boldly walk where no creature has walked before.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbox77
Although the converse of this statement is "Ground PvP is not good just because you happen to be good at it."

Hopefully they don't wait until the game is on life support before giving it a total overhaul, the way PotBS did.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbox77
You are correct. expose and exploit for the win. One shot kills are JOYOUS!

Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Ground PvP can be fun. Much better than ground PvE.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnawLF
This title should read "Ground PvP? Stick to Warhammer Online".

This message is brought to you by Ground Trek, boldly walk where no creature has walked before.
This.

/10char