Lt. Commander
# 1 How To: Make a Liberated Borg
02-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Not currently possible.

Despite being advertised as "Liberated Borg", at the Headstart it was changed to "Liberated Borg Human" and "Liberated Borg Klingon". After thousands of us already paid $240.

Unfortunately, this prevents us from using the full power of Cryptic's character creator. The majority of costume pieces are unavailable to us.

Borg Benzite? Borg Caitian? Borg Orion? Why not?

It would be very simple to unlock all "Alien" costume pieces for your loyal Liberated Borg, as was assumed to be the intention based on your advertising.

Please correct this.

Thank you.

P.S. - Red lasers from the eyepieces would be great. The NPCs have it. Do we need batteries?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Probably a C-Store purchase in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyveron View Post
Not currently possible.

Despite being advertised as "Liberated Borg", at the Headstart it was changed to "Liberated Borg Human" and "Liberated Borg Klingon". After thousands of us already paid $240.

Unfortunately, this prevents us from using the full power of Cryptic's character creator. The majority of costume pieces are unavailable to us.

Borg Benzite? Borg Caitian? Borg Orion? Why not?

It would be very simple to unlock all "Alien" costume pieces for your loyal Liberated Borg, as was assumed to be the intention based on your advertising.

Please correct this.

Thank you.

P.S. - Red lasers from the eyepieces would be great. The NPCs have it. Do we need batteries?

On the one hand, there are no Borg as a whole, so giving someone a liberated borg option to any available species would be pointless, as they'd all default to the liberated borg perks, instead of the ones inherant to the species. It was likely easier to limit it to one particular race, so they could iron out the game a bit more, then expand on the fluff features.

On the other hand, I can see your point completely, and I agree with you. Your species would be Liberated Borg (whatever) who would have access to the pasty faced borg nanite texture, the head pieces, and the borg style kits.

Which would be a bit more work, but would really add some hefty customization to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 08:00 PM
I've a Borg Captain and a Borg BOff, I would have liked to have been able to make my entire crew Borg.

In looks, if not in deeds...
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyveron View Post
I agree 100%. It was advertised as "Liberated Borg," not "Liberated Borg Human/Klingon." This was a huge disappointment for me. If this is not corrected for those of us who purchased lifetime subscriptions, and the only way to get a Liberated Borg in another race is to buy it from the C-Store, I would feel that Cryptic intentionally misled me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 08:02 AM
I purchased a lifetime sub. Still waiting on my liberated borg option for char creation. I don't have it avail in the c-store yet. In any case, they should've just made the borg pieces as additions to the existing char sets with alternative trait options.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 08:24 AM
I think it was pre-order lifers that got it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2010, 08:30 AM
They advertised a liberated borg playable race, you got one. What you expected is irrelevant.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaelen
They advertised a liberated borg playable race, you got one. What you expected is irrelevant.
Yea I was disappointed that I couldn't make my character a liberated Borg Andorian but I adapted.