Lt. Commander
I just finished it -- cheers for a seriously high-end Trek story.

That arc in it's entirety could have trivially been enough mythos material for a novel, a raft of episodes in a season of television, or a feature film.

MORE OF THAT PLEASE! :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 08:05 PM
It was awesome.

And then I had to do it two more times because completion bugged out.

Then I got tired.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 08:08 PM
I completely agree with this. It was an awesome story-arc. They have several that I've come across so far.

Kudos guys! Keep up the good work.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime
It was awesome.

And then I had to do it two more times because completion bugged out.
I honestly wouldn't have minded. Except for the very brutal first rescue (that first hallway was a BEAST) it was just a joy to run this. Would buy the Blu-Ray!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 08:21 PM
I spent far too much time planetside at Gateway, just staring at the Guardian of Forever in awe. Indeed, this was one of the most entertaining missions I've played thus far, particularly given the augment arc that led up to it! It was nicely constructed to connect to all those classic Trek stories we know and love. As others have said, I'm looking forward to more content in this vein.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 08:25 PM
If I hadn't already played that mission, and read your spoiler title, I'd be seriously ****ed off right now. Why do people not care if they ruin it for others?

Anyhow...

When I first encountered this mission in OB, it was what first made me consider actually getting the Lifetime sub.
Unfortunately, IMO those types of missions are few and far between in the game.

Also, ALL missions would be a LOT better w/ a bunch of little 5-10 sec cut-scenes to setup and introduce the iconic locales, bosses, etc. As it is now, we just "jump right into it," or the boss is right "there in front of you." No setup, no drama. Tiny (NO-LOADING!) cut-scenes would add so much more umpf to all the missions, but especially ones like the Guardian that hearken back to Trek icons.

Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 10:35 PM
i also enjoyed doomsday machine i wasnt expecting it even though it was the mission name for some reason. I suppose thats 1 good aspect of STO, it lowers your expectations so much that when something good does come up in the game it takes you by surprise and can be good.

spoier..

The only thing is about 2 missions later I was tasked with killing a bunch of romulan scientists curing diseases and it took right up till I had obliterated them all to release 'oh wait somethings not right'. Maybe the option of talking to the admiral about how she doesnt seem right sooner would be more in line with star trek. Overall it just didnt seem like a very federation type thing to do
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Completely agree. Cryptic, more missions like this.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArykGrev View Post
If I hadn't already played that mission, and read your spoiler title, I'd be seriously ****ed off right now. Why do people not care if they ruin it for others?
I thought about that, actually, but given that Miral's presence in-game (which really only the Voyager fans initially will pick up on for it's significance) is spoiled high and mighty since we hear all about her constantly; and the Guardian IIRC was in one of the television commercials, and I know I've seen it in game shots attached to articles.

The title is less spoileriffic than your typical "Next week, on Star Trek Online!" 15 second montage at the end of an episode.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2010, 10:41 PM
I agree wholeheartedly, what a great set of missions. I hope we can expect more things like this in the future.
Closed Thread