Commander
# 1 Lobi Crystals
12-24-2014, 11:03 AM
I was wondering: what exactly is a good way to earn lobi crystals?

"Star Trek: Rubicon" Season 1, Season 2 A new era, a new time, a new crew, a new ship, a new mission...
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again."- Jean-Luc Picard
Career Officer
# 2
12-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captclazorus View Post
I was wondering: what exactly is a good way to earn lobi crystals?
Opening lockboxes..... or waiting for one of the events that reward them for replaying featured episodes. That's it, no other way.
Lieutenant
# 3
12-24-2014, 03:23 PM
Earn energy credits, buy lock box keys, open boxes, get ~5 lobi per box.

Earn dil, buy zen, buy lockbox keys or (right now) R & D packs, open, get ~5 or 10 lobi. Don't buy the R & D packs on the exchange, they do not contain lobi.

If you're extremely lucky, opening a lock box or R&D pack will get you a ship you can sell for massive amounts of energy credits, which you can use to buy more lock box keys.
Career Officer
# 4
12-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Yeah - lobi cannot be "earned" by any in-game method most of the time, other than opening lockboxes. Sometimes, during special promotions, they are added to other purchaseables like the R&D or officer packs.

Periodically, there are special events where they are able to be earned or given away. The "Episode Replay" event, last run I believe in May or June, allowed players to earn 15/day by replaying episodes from a particular list (some of which also had special limited-edition rewards added). There was also a weekend around the time of the DR launch were anyone who logged in could simply talk to a contact and claim 20/day.

Both of those were one per account per day, by the way, so you couldn't get a lot. I think a maximum over the whole nine months I've been playing of about.... 240 or so?
Member of Special Operations Command (UFP)
and leader of House of Calafia (KDF)
and Foundry author (first mission published July 2014)

Last edited by westmetals; 12-24-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Captain
# 5
Yesterday, 10:25 AM
We're overdue for a featured episode replay. We haven't had one since May.
--------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========--------------
>>>CLICK HERE FOR DELTA RISING GEAR UPGRADE COST TABLE<<<
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>Check out my redesign concept images<<
>Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored<
Career Officer
# 6
Yesterday, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
We're overdue for a featured episode replay. We haven't had one since May.
Agreed. I suspect it will show up very shortly after the end of the Winter Event. I was kinda expecting it in November, actually.
Captain
# 7
Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Considering the Graphics bug and the Gameclient.exe crashing that a lot of people are having, i really hope they fix those before doing any other events. I've already been unable to participate in the Elachi event, and the Winter event isn't faring much better. Hopefully, once they fix the issues keeping people from being able to play properly, they do a replay though. I always run through for the lobi as well as getting items for new characters or missed items for some.
Career Officer
# 8
Yesterday, 01:52 PM
there was also a log in event where you got lobi every day for a week or so. I am sure it was not the first either.

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Career Officer
# 9
Yesterday, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiledon View Post
there was also a log in event where you got lobi every day for a week or so. I am sure it was not the first either.
It was three days. In September, and I covered that in my list.