Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
For both ships and bridge officers, there's a 'Rename' button at the bottom of their status screen (the paperdoll screen with equipment slots).

Note that you can't have two ships with identical names, even if the registry numbers are different. If you want to re-use a name from a previous ship, you need to rename or delete the older one.
Quick, simple, and direct to the point - Just like a forward phaser shot to flank side! You rock, Acyl, Sir! Will do! Thanks again, Sir!
Ensign
# 12 New ships
12-25-2014, 08:29 AM
So im a old player with this game, level 30 with my federation account.
and level 25 with my romulan account.
But i constantly run into a problem all the time
Wheres my new ship?
even if i buy it without a promotion its noowhere to be found, it doesnt even mark the "You own this" box, the only way to get it is making my friend logging on my user and finding it for me.
Captain
# 13
12-25-2014, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanodog12 View Post
So im a old player with this game, level 30 with my federation account.
and level 25 with my romulan account.
But i constantly run into a problem all the time
Wheres my new ship?
even if i buy it without a promotion its noowhere to be found, it doesnt even mark the "You own this" box, the only way to get it is making my friend logging on my user and finding it for me.
When you get the message, that you are being promoted, you need to travel to ESD and visit Adrmiral Quinn's office. He promotes you and you need to go to the Shipyard to Lt. Laurel and there you can get a new ship for your rank. But not all ships per rank are free.

Once you have chosen your ship, go to the ship selector nearby and you need to select the new ship as your main ship.

On the Romulan side it is near the same. You fly to New Romulus Command and go to the Commander's office there. He promotes you and you go down to the Shipyard.
Career Officer
# 14
12-25-2014, 09:13 AM
Precisely. Buying (or claiming) a new ship just puts it into your ship selection list (or, in some cases, in a box in your inventory that you then have to open to put it in your ship selection list).

You can have quite a few ships in there. Even without purchased ship slots, you can wind up with space for something like 8-12 ships (depending on your account type and character level, as some slots are veteran rewards or promotion rewards). If you're out of slots and want to claim another ship, you need to go to a ship selection officer and discharge some of your old ships first (or buy more slots).

For it to be your active ship, you have to go to a ship selection officer and manually switch to it.
Member of Special Operations Command (UFP)
and leader of House of Calafia (KDF)
and Foundry author (first mission published July 2014)
Career Officer
# 15
12-25-2014, 09:18 AM
Christmas Z O M B I E ...

Quick kill it with a Snow Shovel!!
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 5.0 years.
Commander
# 16
12-30-2014, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Christmas Z O M B I E ...

Quick kill it with a Snow Shovel!!
Nah, kill it with "the big one"